Social Resistance in the 1980s
Call for Papers - Special Issue of Journal Betekintő
Social Resistance in the 1980s Betekintő (English: Insight) is an academic journal published by the Historical Archives of the Hungarian State Security, invites proposal submissions for a special English issue on the subject of Social Resistance in the 1980s.
Betekintő primaly examines the cultural, social and political backgrounds of the former East-Central and Southeast European socialist regimes. Our interdisciplinary journal also focuses on better understanding the secret services held for observing and repressing the subjected societies. Thereby Betekintő is essential reading for independent scholars, lay people, professors, and students.
This special issue invites reasearch papers and case studies that examine interactions between late-socialist power and oppositional groups or figures in the 1980s. Topics of Interest:
• oppostional, national independence, religious or ecopolitical movements and organizations
• cultural circles and the underground publicity • Marxist or other left-oriented oppositional groups and organizations
• subcultural communities or specific social minorities struggling the opressive power
• subversional activity of the secret police against oppositional figures or movements
• international relations
• key figures biography
• symbolic events analysis
• individual or socially accepted „survival tactics” in daily routine
The deadline for the submission of abstracts no longer than 300 words: May 31, 2022. The manuscript that consist maximum of 40 000 characters (notes, and bibliography not inclueded) will be published after a double-blind peer-review process.
We provide proofreading for contributors who are not native speakers of English.
For citation guidelines visit here: https://betekinto.hu/en/for_our_authors The deadline for submitting the accepted papers: August 31, 2022.
Please send abstracts and manuscripts to editor-in-chief via email: email@example.com
Adrienn Joó scientific secretary of the Historical Archives of the Hungarian State Security