Professor PingSun Leung, Professor Arno Scharl, and I are co-chairing a minitrack at the upcoming Hawaii International Conference on Systems Sciences (HICSS 2023), January 3-6, Hyatt Regency, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.A. The minitrack is entitled " Analytics and Decision Support for Green IS and Sustainability Applications". As co-mini-track chairs we would like to personally invite you to submit a paper and/or serve as a reviewer for the mini-track.
Since the inception of HICSS in 1968, HICSS authors have generated a sustained stream of innovative research ideas. According to Microsoft Academic, HICSS ranks the 36th in terms of citations among 4,444 conferences in all fields worldwide. The Australian Government’s Excellence in Research project (ERA) has given HICSS an “A” rating, one of 32 Information Systems conferences so honored out of 241 (46-B and 146-C ratings). Data supplied by the Australian Research Council, December 2009. Additional information about HICSS can be found at: https://hicss.hawaii.edu
The mini-track welcomes research articles and practitioner reports exploring technical and organizational issues pertaining to innovative ways for leveraging information systems and technologies for addressing sustainability issues and research that aim to mitigate the impact of economic development and information technologies on the environment. The minitrack encompasses Green IS, environmental informatics and analytics, sustainable computing, and Green IT. Theoretically founded papers that illustrate the application of analytics, artificial intelligence, deep learning, Internet of Things (IoT), cloud computing, information systems and decision technologies in environmental management for sustainability are particularly welcomed. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Agriculture 4.0
- Analytics and decision technologies
- Artificial intelligence and deep learning
- Environmental sustainability and decision making
- Environmental knowledge acquisition and management
- Environmental Management Information Systems (EMIS)
- Environmental Decision Support Systems (EDSS)
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for Environmental Management
- Green IS and Green IT
- Environmental cyberinfrastructure
- Environmental communication
- Energy informatics
- Smart agriculture, aquaculture and fisheries
- Technologies for DSS development and environmental applications (e.g., Artificial intelligence, Information visualization, Web intelligence, IoT, agent-based computing, and Multiple-criteria decision making)
If you are seriously interested in submitting a manuscript for review, please note the following important Dates:
- April 15: Paper submission begins.
- June 15 | 11:59 pm HST: Paper submission deadline
- August 17 | 11:59 pm HST: Notification of Acceptance/Rejection
- September 4 Deadline for authors whose papers are conditionally accepted to submit a revised manuscript
- September 22: Deadline for authors to submit final manuscript for publication
- October 1: Deadline for at least one author of each paper to register for the conference
Author guidelines are available at: http://hicss.hawaii.edu/tracks-and-minitracks/authors/
If you are willing to be a reviewer, please notify us as soon as possible and indicate the number of manuscripts (1 or 2) you would be willing to seriously review between Mid-July and Mid-August. The review process is all electronic and you will be sent information on how to perform reviews after we hear from you that you are willing to review.
We hope that this minitrack stimulates the interests of researchers to this exciting and rich problem domain. We very much appreciate your assistance in spreading the word and soliciting papers for this minitrack. Please feel free to send the call for papers to whomever may be interested or let me know whom you recommend me to contact.
Please contact me if you have questions and thank you very much for your support and consideration.
Omar F. El-Gayar, Ph.D.
Professor of Information Systems
College of Business and Information Systems
Dakota State University
820 N. Washington Avenue
Madison, SD 57042