The Association for the Study of the Middle East and Africa (ASMEA) is pleased to announce its 2017 Travel and Research Grant Programs in conjunction with its Tenth Annual Conference in Washington, D.C. to be held October 19 – 21, 2017. Grant awards range from $500 to $2500.
The deadline to submit a grant application is March 31, 2017.
Topics the Research Grant will support can be found here. Included on this list:
Status of Minorities and Women
- The Coptic Church and Egypt
- Alevis, Bahai, Berbers, Christians, Druze, Kurds, Yazidis
- Successes and failures of feminism and women’s rights
Below is select guidelines for the 2017 program, visit the ASMEA website for further details and rules:
- Applicants must be current members of ASMEA and engaged in ongoing study of the Middle East or Africa.
- Applications must be accompanied by a paper proposal that represents new and un-published research relevant to ASMEA's areas of study
- Applicants to the Research Grants Program must submit a brief letter of reference from their department chair. For student applicants, a letter from a dissertation advisor is acceptable.
- Successful Research and Travel Grant Program applicants will be required to present their research at the Tenth Annual ASMEA Conference on October 19-21, 2017 in Washington, D.C.
- Research grants may be used to cover any costs associated with conducting research for the specified proposal. Travel grants may be used to cover any costs associated with attending the conference.
For questions, please contact Emily Lucas at email@example.com.