The International Studies Association Human Rights Section's Executive Committee will have five positions open for election in 2022. We are welcoming nominations for the following positions:
- Vice-chair (1 year term): shall be responsible for coordinating the Section Awards process as outlined in the Section’s Awards procedures. The Vice-Chair shall also act as one of the Section Program Co-Chairs for the Annual Convention.
- Secretary (2-year term): shall be responsible for taking minutes at the annual business meeting, distributing information to members, and overseeing, by themselves or in conjunction with other members of the Executive Committee, the Section's ISA web page.
- At Large Members (2 positions, each a 2-year term): shall assist the Chair, Vice-Chair, and Secretary as necessary, and shall make themselves available to the Chair to serve on the four Awards Committees and/or to perform other service tasks that arise in the section.
- Community and Membership Engagement officer (2-year term): shall serve as the Lead Editor of H-Net and maintain the membership’s social media presence.
Application and Nomination Procedure:
Any Human Rights Section member may be nominated, or may nominate themselves, for these open positions. Nominations should be sent directly to the election officer, Freek van der Vet: email@example.com. Nominations must be received by the deadline of Wednesday 15 December 2021. In your nomination, please, include the following:
- Please put "HR ISA Nomination for (insert title of office)" in the subject line, followed by the first and last name of the nominee.
- The email should contain one paragraph containing a short bio, and one paragraph containing a statement of interest. No PDFs or attachments, please.
Please, pay special attention to the subject line so the election officer may easily find your nominations. Your bio and statement of interest will be used in the electronic ballot, which the election officer will distribute to the membership in January. Voting will take place between 15 January and 15 February 2022. New officers will begin their term after the section meeting at the 2022 ISA Annual Convention in Nashville. Additional information on duties and other relevant information may be found in the Section's Charter.
We are looking forward to receiving your nominations.
Freek van der Vet
Election Officer, ISA Human Rights Section