Call for Nominations – ISA Human Rights Section Distinguished Scholar Award
The ISA Human Rights Section is seeking nominations for its 2020 Distinguished Scholar Award. This award recognizes an individual whose lifetime achievements in scholarship, teaching, and mentoring have made a significant impact on the field of human rights. The Award is accompanied by a one-year paid membership of ISA and Human Rights Section dues (see below). This award will be presented at the 2021 ISA Annual Convention. The Section will organize a Distinguished Scholar Panel to discuss the recipient’s contributions to the field, and the recipient will be recognized at the Section’s Business Meeting and Reception.
- Nominations by any member of the Human Rights Section are welcome
- Nominations must include the following elements:
- A statement (no more than two pages) outlining the scope of the nominee’s achievements in research and scholarship, teaching, and/or mentoring over the course of their career;
- References and/or testimonials so that the Committee may gather additional information in support of the award. These would also include suggestions for colleagues to participate on the Distinguished Scholar panel honoring the nominee’s work.
- The nominee’s most recent CV.
- Nominations should be directed to the Chair of the Human Rights Distinguished Scholar Award Committee, Courtney Hillebrecht (email@example.com), no later than May 15, 2020. The other members of the Committee are Shareen Hertel (UCONN) and Kathryn Sikkink (Harvard University).
Recipients of the award must be members of ISA and of the Human Rights Section at the time the award is presented at the ISA Annual Meeting. If the recipient is not a member of ISA and/or the Human Rights Section at the time the award is offered, the recipient may choose to apply the membership benefit of the award prior to presentation at the annual meeting. Recipients who are already members at the time the award is offered will be able to apply the Membership benefit the following year.
For more information, including list of past recipients: https://www.isanet.org/Programs/Awards/HR-Distinguished-Scholar
Please let us know if you have any questions, and we look forward to receiving your nominations.