Call for Abstracts - Due October 3, 2016
Economic and Social Rights Collaborative Research Network (CRN 47)
2017 LSA Annual Meeting, June 20-23, 2017 in Mexico City
Dear CRN Members,
This is a call for abstracts from the CRN on Economic and Social Rights of the Law and Society Association for papers to be presented at the 2017 Annual Meeting in Mexico City, Mexico. We heard many interesting ideas for sessions and activities from CRN 47 members at our business meeting in New Orleans, so now is the time to put them into action!
We have several different options for participation in the LSA Annual Meeting. Please contact us if you have any questions about these different options.
- Call for Individual Paper Submissions: The CRN has a general call for paper abstracts on ESR for the 2017 LSA Meeting. The CRN Co-Coordinators will organize the submitted paper abstracts into CRN sponsored panels. To submit an individual paper, please complete both of the following tasks:
- E-mail your paper submission to the CRN Co-Coordinators by October 3, 2016. You will need to send us 1) a paper title, 2) an abstract of between 250 and 500 words (1,500 characters), 3) a one sentence summary of the paper, and 4) co-author(s)' information if applicable. Please e-mail your paper to Ben Warwick at. B.T.Warwick@birmingham.ac.uk
- Submit your individual paper to LSA via their online submission process by October 18, 2016. Details about the LSA online submission process are available at: http://www.lawandsociety.org/MexicoCity2017/2017-paper.html and information about abstract guidelines are available at: http://www.lawandsociety.org/MexicoCity2017/2017-guidelines.html. During the submission process, please indicate that your paper has CRN 47 sponsorship.
- Call for Session Proposals: The CRN has a general call open for session proposals for CRN-sponsored sessions. LSA offers four session types and more information is available at: http://www.lawandsociety.org/MexicoCity2017/2017-session-submit.html.
- Salon Session: A Salon is a more informal presentation setting in which 2 to 4 participants with a small interested audience are seated at round tables in a ballroom. Salons permit focused, engaged and intimate conversation about scholars’ work. This format is also appropriate for authors in the early stage of a project who anticipate that they may not have a completed paper ready before the meeting, but would like to discuss a Work in Progress (WIP). This requires 2-4 presenters and 1 Facilitator. For more information see: http://www.lawandsociety.org/MexicoCity2017/2017-salon-session.html.
- Roundtable session: A Roundtable is a discussion-centered session that is organized around a common theme and does not have papers presented. These are the most flexible format of sessions offered at the meeting. Participants might organize debates, visual and musical performances, workshops, films, and other innovative formats. This requires 4-8 participants and 1 Chair. For more information see: http://www.lawandsociety.org/MexicoCity2017/2017-roundtable.html.
- Author Meets Reader Session: An Author-Meets-Reader (AMR) is a session in which discussion is focused on one or two recently published scholarly books. The session must include the author/s of the book, a minimum of four and a maximum of six designated “readers” who provide comments, and a session chair (who may be one of the readers). AMR panels are limited to books published in the year prior to the LSA Annual Meeting. For the 2017 Mexico City Meeting, the books must have a publication date in 2016. For more information please see: http://www.lawandsociety.org/MexicoCity2017/2017-AMR.html.
- Panel of Papers: Should you wish to organize a full panel of papers sponsored by CRN 47, this is an option. These panel sessions are traditional scholarly Paper Sessions that are organized around a common theme and involve 4-6 paper presenters, 1 discussant and 1 chair. If you are interested in submitting a proposal for a CRN 47 sponsored session proposal, please let us know by email.
- Call for Chair & Discussant Volunteers: We need to assign chairs and discussants for all of the CRN 47 panels, so please let us know by e-mail if you are willing to serve in this capacity. We will keep a list of volunteers and once the panels are fully organized, we will contact you to confirm your participation.
- Local activities committee: During our last business meeting, we decided it would be good to take advantage of the rich setting of Mexico City to organizing a tour or other cultural activity during the 2017 meetings. If you would like to join a committee tasked with this project, and particularly if you live or have contacts in El D.F., please email LaDawn Haglund directly (email@example.com).
You can find more information about the 2017 LSA Annual meeting at: http://www.lawandsociety.org/MexicoCity2017/mexicocity2017.html.
We look forward to hearing from you soon and we hope to see you in Mexico City!
All the best,
Angela Duger (Brandeis University) - firstname.lastname@example.org
LaDawn Haglund (Arizona State University ) - LaDawn.Haglund@asu.edu
Ben Warwick (University of Birmingham) - email@example.com