The 8th Chinese Buddhism & Sheng Yen International Conference
Call For Papers
Conference Date: 2020/6/28(Sun)～6/30(Tue)
Conference Location: GIS NTU Convention Center, Taipei, Taiwan
※ For conference presenters, SYEF will subsidize international travel expense.
Conference Theme: Oneness of external world and internal mind: “wellbeing of body and mind” and “space, time and cosmology” in Master Sheng Yen’s Thought and Chinese Buddhism.
1. Textual studies in Chinese Buddhism
2. Philosophical studies in Chinese Buddhism
3. Intellectual history of meditation tradition or Chan school in Chinese Buddhism
4. Constructing the ideas of space and time, cosmology, or sacred space in Chinese Buddhism
5. Cross-cultural or trans-regional dissemination and transmission of Chinese Buddhism
6. Karma, sin, repentance and the view of the body in Chinese Buddhism
Ethics in Chinese Buddhism including concept of karma, sin, repentance, body and related topics
7. Master Sheng Yen’s Thought and Modern society
8. Chinese Buddhism across East Asia
Call for Papers
1. Submission should be sent with the application form and the proposal by email to ‘email@example.com’.
2. Each application should have no more than 5 pages, including research topic, purpose, method & expected results.
3. Papers will be presented at ‘The 8th Chinese Buddhism & Sheng Yen International Conference’ if selected.
(1) Proposals submission deadline: by Jan. 10, 2020
(2) Accepted proposals: by Feb. 07, 2020 posted on SYEF website
(3) Final paper submission deadline: by May 30, 2020 (*Late submission will be deemed cancellation)
Contact: Sheng Yen Education Foundation ( www.shengyen.org.tw)
Add: 2F., No. 48-6, Sec. 2, Ren-Ai Rd., Taipei, 10056, Taiwan, R.O.C.
Tel: 886-2-2397 9300 #16