The BuddhistRoad Team is happy to announce the next BuddhistRoad Guest Lecture.
The guest lecture will be presented by Birgit Angelika Schmidt, Graduate Conservator and Research Fellow of the Museum für Asiatische Kunst and doctoral canidate at the Freie Universität, Berlin, on the 14th of December 2022 at 14:00–16:00 (CET). Birgit Angelika Schmidt's talk is titled:
Investigations into the Materials and Production of Buddhist Clay-based Sculptures from the Northern Silk Road—A Methodological Approach
To join the lecture please register at https://ruhr-uni-bochum.zoom.us/meeting/register/u5wqc-6rqDwrHN1tn1XAoGlrdoBGcd5vYpPa
Furthermore, we regret to inform you that the guest lectures by Neil Schmid (Dunhuang Academy) had to be postponed. Due to problems with the internet connection in Dunhuang it was already not possible to hold the last lecture on Wednesday, 07 December. Unfortunately, it has to be assumed that this situation will not improve at the moment and we will therefore postpone the following lectures of Neil Schmid in the near future:
- December 07, 2022 “Connections with the Divine: Religious Life in Dunhuang” will be rescheduled
- January 11, 2023 “Dunhuang Material Culture, Its Creation and Use” will be postponed
- January 18, 2023 “Life Cycles: Calendars, Festivals and Death at Dunhuang” will be postponed
We are very sorry that these lectures have to be postponed and we thank everyone who has already registered for the lectures. We will also keep everyone updated and notify the new dates for the lectures as soon as they are set.
Nevertheless, there are other BuddhistRoad Guest Lectures which will take place in early 2023:
- January 25, 2023, 2 pm (CET) “Religious and Linguistic Exchanges Between the North and the South of the Tarim Basin: Tocharians and Khotanese in Contact (5th- 10th c.)” by Frederico Dragoni (Leiden)
- February 02, 2023, 2 pm (CET) “Tibetan Texts on the Cult of Vajravārāhī from Karakhoto” by Alexander Zorin (Jerusalem)
For more information about upcoming guest lectures please see:
University of Bonn