Your network editor has reposted this from H-Announce. The byline reflects the original authorship.
For those of you who employ local historical and genealogical materials in your work - the following call for papers might of interest. It is an opportunity to share your work with an internaitonal audience.
The Genealogy and Local History Section (GENLOC) joint with Asia and Oceania Section and Information Technology Section invite proposals for papers to be presented at the joint open session at the 2017 IFLA World Library and Information Congress:
- Innovative programming and use of historical and genealogical collections
- Intergenerational approaches to programming and outreach
- Integration of genealogical materials and research into school curricula
- Collaborative work with historical and genealogical societies
- Harnessing the energy of volunteers
- Genetic genealogy and the promise of DNA
We encourage discussion of evidence based practice and invite presentations and analysis of projects which can be of practical value to others. Submissions in other formats than academic papers (such as reports and essays) are welcome.
The full call for papers, see WLIC 2017 website
Proposals are due by March 18, 2017.
Contact information: Kate Cordes: email@example.com
Please feel free to share the Call for Papers in your networks.