Dear H-Net Subscribers,
2022 has been an incredible year of growth and development for H-Net which I have detailed in my Annual Report. I encourage all of you to take a few moments to read it. Some highlights include:
- Significant updates to H-Net's Executive Council Policies and Bylaws (ratified by members in H-Net's annual elections)
- Hiring two new Associate Directors and appointing a new Executive Director
- A highly successful virtual H-Net Teaching Conference in August with over 300 attendees
- Setting up a new Mastodon instance, h-net.social, for those looking for an exit ramp off of Twitter
- Completing the rebuild of the H-Net Commons which now moves to the Home Office for final testing
- Three new sponsorship collaborations with New Books Network, Nota Bene, and Wiki Education
- And nearly meeting our year end fundraising goal of $35,000
As always, the heart and soul of H-Net is its many Editors and Subscribers who make up one of the Web's largest, and longest running, communities of scholarly collaboration. It is an honor to provide our services to such an incredibly dedicated and generous community. As we usher in 2023, I encourage you to consider joining H-Net in more substantive ways: Become a Network or Reviews Editor; join a network's Advisory Board; consider running for H-Net's Executive Council; or simply write or call in with your feedback on how H-Net can better serve you as a scholar in your field.
I will be attending the AHA conference in January and I hope to meet some of you there. Reach out directly and let me know where I can meet you and say hello! Nothing makes these conferences more worthwhile than getting to meet the people I work for. Graduate students, look for a message from me on H-Announce and our social media platforms in coming days about meeting up for a round on me at one of the local bars.
Finally, thanks again to each of you who have contributed to this year's year-end donation campaign. Together we've raised just over $30,000, just short of our goal! As always, your generosity sustains us. For those still looking to get in a year-end tax deduction, there's still time to give.
Warmest regards and Happy New Year!
To donate by credit card online, please follow this link to the Support H-Net page: https://networks.h-net.org/support-h-net
Or send a check payable to H-Net:
H-Net: Humanities & Social Sciences Online
Old Horticulture, Room 141H
506 East Circle Drive
East Lansing, MI 48824