Your network editor has reposted this from H-Announce. The byline reflects the original authorship.
Proposals are due for Northeast Popular/American Culture Association’s (NEPCA's) annual conference, which will be held virtually from Thursday, October 21 to Saturday, October 23.
NEPCA welcomes paper submissions from graduate students, faculty, writers, and independent researchers of popular culture. The deadline for proposals is August 1, 2021. You can submit proposals via the online form here: https://nepca.blog/conference/.
The Travel, Tourism, and Global Culture area invites presentations on any aspect of global (international and/or ethnic) culture. The mediated world continues to change the relationship of the individual to global geography. Meanwhile, international travel sees both new opportunities and new challenges. And the very nature of tourism continues to evolve. The world is your oyster, but some possible areas of consideration include:
• Arts initiatives-including public art exhibits, guerrilla gardening, tagging etc
• Immigrant neighborhoods
• Music, including world music
• Literature, including travel literature (broadly defined)
• Exploration of spatial/geographical community (e.g. urban studies, urban-rural divides, megacities, etc)
• Other aspects of world culture in its broadest meaning(s)
Paul Arras, Travel, Tourism, and Global Culture Area Chair
Please submit proposals here: https://nepca.blog/conference/