DEADLINE FOR FALL '23 ENROLLMENT: January 5, 2022
The Master of Arts (M.A.) degree in Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies at The University of Texas at Austin is a two-year multidisciplinary program that offers advanced training for those qualified students who seek an integrated knowledge of the language, history, society and culture of the former Soviet Union, Eastern Europe and Eurasia. This graduate degree offers the opportunity to create an individually tailored program. Upon graduation, students will have an extensive understanding of the country or countries of specialization, including a working knowledge of one of the region’s languages. The program primarily serves students preparing for professional careers and those seeking an M.A. before pursuing a professional career trajectory or Ph.D. in a particular discipline.
In addition to the standard M.A. program, we currently offer five dual-degree programs, in which students can work towards M.A.s in two disciplines at The University of Texas. These programs are structured in such a way that students can earn both masters degrees simultaneously in approximately three years; students must fulfill all requirements for both degrees.
Students have found that this multidisciplinary approach allows them to respond to an increased need in both the public and private sectors for specialists with a thorough understanding of the culture, economics, geography, history and politics of the former Soviet Union and Eastern Europe. Students must apply to both programs in order to be considered for the dual-degree program. *
- Master of Public Affairs/Master of Arts in Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies
- Master of Global Policy Studies/Master of Arts in Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies
- Master of Arts in Media Studies/Master of Arts in Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies
- J.D. Law/Master of Arts in Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies
- Master of Business Administration/Master of Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies
Visit our Admissions Page: