WWI List of Online Archives and Additional Resources
- Annie S. K. Brown Military Collection as well as a link to the Digital Collection. The collection is not limited to WW1 material.
- Resources on North Carolina in the Great War compiled by the N.C. Department of Cultural Resources.
- Yale University's initiative to digitize materials from various collections that pertain to WW1.
- University of Wisconson digital collection of selected pieces from UW-Madison's World War I Special Collection.
- University of Oxford archive of materials pertaining to WW1.
- Brigham Young University archive of primary documents from WW1.
- Australian Government database of Australian nationals who served in WW1.
- U.S. Department of State National Archives records on several WW1 special agencies.
- U.S. National Archives WW1 military records, although many of the listed records are only available on microfilm.
- British National Archives list of various WW1 records available.
- U.S. Department of Navy records and publications pertaining to WW1; list includes many ONI publications from WW1.
- The National Archives of Australia has records of Australia's security, intelligence and law enforcement as well as defence administration, the forces, and service personnel. Not all of the records are available digitally, but many are.
Collections of links and other resources
- A Guide to World War I Materials compiled by the LoC.
- The Western Front Association has a lot of good information on a wide range of WW1 topics and events. The WFA has also put together a separate site for the centennial with additional resources.
- List of WWI books; not necessarily scholarly sources, but may be good further reading.
- WW1 Historical Association has a number of useful links for finding information on individual soldiers who served in WW1.
- Annual scholarly journal published by the International Society for First World War Studies; abstracts can be viewed online for free.
- U.S. National Archives list of military resources, includes both external sites and articles published by the Archives.