Please share widely and encourage qualified students to apply!
The German Studies Program at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst is still accepting applications for Fall 2021 admission to the MA and PhD programs.
Admitted students can receive a multi-year funding package in the form of Teaching Assistantships, which include full tuition credit, health insurance, and an annual stipend.
Our teaching and research specializations within German Studies are broadly interdisciplinary, including:
- Cultural and Intellectual History (18th-20th century)
- Theater, Drama, and Performance
- Medieval Studies
- Film Studies, East German Cinema and GDR Studies
- Exile/Refugee, Migration, and Transnational Studies
- Turkish-German Studies, German-Jewish Studies, and Minority Discourses
- Feminist and Gender Studies
Students can learn more about our program and review the application requirements on the German & Scandinavian Studies website: http://www.umass.edu/german/graduate-studies-program-german
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all available fellowship positions have been filled.
Applications should be submitted online through the UMass Graduate School: https://www.umass.edu/graduate/apply
For questions or additional information, please contact the Graduate Program Director, Professor Sara Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org