New Books in German History and German Studies (December 2016)
Editor's note: At the beginning of the month, as a service to our members, H-German publishes a list of newly released books on German History and German Studies that members have submitted to H-German. If you would like to announce the publication of your new book, please submit the following information to Chris Fojtik (fojtik(at)sxu.edu): the author's name, the title of the book, the press, the month it appeared in print, and a link to the publisher/book's site (optional).
- Benjamin G. Martin, The Nazi-Fascist New Order for European Culture (Harvard University Press, October 2016).
- Charles E. McClelland, Berlin, the Mother of All Research Universities, 1860–1918, (Rowman & Littlefield, November 2016).
- Baris Ülker, Enterprising Migrants in Berlin, (Transcript Verlag, January 2016).
- Baris Ülker and Heinz Reif, Challenges and Inspirations: Ernst Reuter as an Urban Reformer in Turkey, (Bebra Verlag, August 2015).
- Richard Weikart, Hitler’s Religion: The Twisted Beliefs That Drove the Third Reich, (Regnery History, November 2016). https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1621575004/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_2ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1621575004&pd_rd_r=K6J6ZYM8FTC9KS9ZVDCK&pd_rd_w=ZAfHc&pd_rd_wg=qEeYX&psc=1&refRID=K6J6ZYM8FTC9KS9ZVDCK
- Albert Wu, From Christ to Confucius: German Missionaries, Chinese Christians, and the Globalization of Christianity, 1860-1950, (Yale University Press, November 2016). http://yalebooks.com/book/9780300217070/christ-confucius
If you would like your book to be reviewed by H-German, please ask your publisher to send a copy to H-Net. The link for your publisher is http://www.h-net.org/help/reviews.php#publishers. Although there are no guarantees that that the book will be reviewed, we are always looking for new material to bring to our readers.
Thank you very much,
- The H-German Team