The Tadeusz Manteuffel Institute of History, Polish Academy of Sciences and the Faculty of Geography and Regional Studies, University of Warsaw will hold that next year’s International Conference of Historical Geographers. It will be great opportunity to conduct multidisciplinary discussion of geograhpers, historians and computer scientists. We would like to organize a session(s) dedicated to the theoretical and practical approches around the problem of “Ontologies and databases for historical places”.
- upper-level ontologies for historical geography;
- epistemology in applied ontology for history;
- data provenance for geohistorical research (written sources and old maps);
- uncertainty and incompletnes of geohistorical information (spatial and textual);
- ontologies for historical settlement and administrative divisions;
- identity, continuity and change of settlement and administrative divisions over time;
- spatio-temporal databases for historical gazetters;
- geohistorical linked data - ontologies, databases, triplestores integration;
- historical gazetters – theory and practice;
- ontology-driven development of historical gazzeters;
- sharing and presentation of geohistorical data (web-HGIS);
- visualisation of uncertain historical data;
It would great to have your contribution. If you are interested write me short information. The deadline is short.
The conference will be held in Warsaw, Poland - 15-20 July 2018.
Proposals should be submitted to 25 October 2017.