Annual Global Affairs Conference
"GLOBAL POLITICS IN THE ERA OF CLIMATE CHANGE"
April 3, 2020
The Rutgers University Division of Global Affairs (DGA), and its student organization, Student Association of Global Affairs (SAGA), will host the 2020 Global Affairs Conference on April 3, 2020 at Rutgers University - Newark. With its annual conference, SAGA seeks to provide a space of critical inquiry for graduate students and early career faculty. This year’s conference theme, “Global Politics in the Era of Climate Change,” aims to examine various aspects of global climate politics including the role of international agreements, civil society movements, indigenous communities, and state actors in addressing what can be argued is the existential challenge of our time.
We are currently inviting abstracts for papers on the following and related topics in all aspects of global affairs:
- Climate change and insecurity (e.g., food, water, land, health policy, etc.)
- Social movements / activism
- Indigenous communities and climate change adaptation / resilience
- Intergovernmental organizations and climate politics
- Sustainable energy (e.g. carbon markets, solar, wind, etc.)
- Resource depletion and access
- Global environmental conflicts / climate change and conflict
THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED. The new deadline for abstracts is Friday, February 7, 2020. Please submit an anonymous abstract of up to 400 words (in PDF or Word document form) to email@example.com. Please write your name and contact details in the email body and write “Paper Submission DGA Conference 2020” in the subject line.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: facebook.com/rutgersdga
- Linkedin: linkedin.com/company/rutgersdga
- Instagram: instagram.com/rutgersdga
- Twitter: twitter.com/rutgers_dga