American Councils is pleased to announce the 2020 Summer Russian Language Teacher Program.
The program offers current and prospective American teachers of Russian language and culture the opportunity to reach new levels of competency in Russian. The four-week program is designed to accommodate the particular professional interests and needs of teachers of Russian, incorporating grammar and conversation courses with lectures and workshops in culture and civilization, and foreign language pedagogy.
Dates: July 2 to August 1, 2020
Location: Russian State Pedagogical University (RSPU) in St. Petersburg
Application deadline: February 18, 2020
The 2020 award will cover orientation in Washington, DC, international travel, visa, tuition, materials, housing, two meals per day, cultural excursions, and insurance costs for fifteen American teachers of Russian language.
- Intensive daily individualized and small-group language and pedagogy classes conducted by RSPU faculty
- Housing with Russian host families or university dormitory
- On-site logistical support by American Councils
- Integrated cultural program with a three-day trip to Moscow
- Graduate-level credit supported by a U.S. academic transcript (through Bryn Mawr College) upon successful completion of the program
- Teachers of Russian at all levels who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents and who will continue teaching Russian (full- or part-time) in the next academic year
- Priority will be given to applicants who have had limited opportunities in recent years to study or travel in Russia