Journal of Natal and Zulu History Volume 33 is now available:
Empire and Asian Migration: Sovereignty, Immigration Restriction and Protest in the BritishSettler Colonies, 1888–1907. By JEREMY C. MARTENS. Crawley, Western Australia: UWA Publishing, 2018. 288 pp. ISBN 978-1742589749.
- Introduction: Transnational and Comparative Immigration Histories: FromFlows and Connections to Differences, UMA DHUPELIA-MESTHRIE
- Colonial Difference, MARGARET ALLEN
- The Challenges of Transnational History, RACHEL BRIGHT
- Whig History Upended: Democracy and Repression in the White Dominions, NORMAN ETHERINGTON
- Author’s Response: Empire and Asian Migration, JEREMY MARTENS
To Swim with Crocodiles: Land, Violence, and Belonging in South Africa, 1800–1996.ByJILL E. KELLY. East Lansing, MI: Michigan State University Press; Pietermaritzburg: UKZN Press, 2019. 342 pp. ISBN 978161862850 (pbk).
- Introduction: The Past in the Present, GERHARD MARÉ
- Dynamics of ukukhonza, JOHN WRIGHT
- In whose small corner?, JOHN AITCHISON
- Considering the Nature of Political Violence, HEATHER HUGHES
- Author’s Response: Chief by the People, Chief by the Land, JILL E. KELLY