How Do I Post a Message?
To post a new message, click on the orange "Start a Discussion with fellow scholars" button on H-Judaic’s main page (https://networks.h-net.org/h-judaic). You must be a subscriber, and you must be logged in before the orange button will appear.
You can then post the text of your announcement into the main box. Under "Categories" please choose the genre of your message (CFP, Query, Fellowship, etc.). Please use "Tags" to identify your post with broad topics (American Jewish History, Jewish-Christian relations, Holocaust, etc.)
What Can I Post on H-Judaic?
H-Judaic is a scholarly resource, and we therefore limit the content to items of relevance to Jewish Studies scholars. We follow the general criteria set by H-net (http://www.h-net.org/announce/policy.html)
H-Judaic welcomes posts in the following categories:
1. Calls for Papers (CFP)
2. Funding opportunities (Fellowships, Grants)
3. Academic Queries
4. Announcements of new internet resources
5. Tables of Contents for journals or edited volumes (TOC)
6. Academic Surveys, in the following circumstances:
The survey must be a serious research project that benefits the field. Surveys that aim to benefit only the researcher who is writing a paper are not accepted. There must be a compelling explanation for dissemination on H-Judaic. Surveys must be sponsored by an entity (usually a university or related non-profit) that has vetted the project. Marketing surveys are strictly forbidden.
7. Temporary Housing for Academic purposes
see details here: https://networks.h-net.org/node/28655/pages/62022/advertising-temporary-housing-h-judaic)
8. Jobs advertised through H-net. (see: https://www.h-net.org/jobs/home.php)
H-Judaic does not post the following:
1. Announcements of single lectures
2. Jobs not advertised through H-net (https://www.h-net.org/jobs/home.php)
3. Book announcements for new books
4. Unsolicited book reviews