The Australian Journal of Jewish Studies is an international, interdisciplinary peer-reviewed Open Access journal published annually by the Australian Association for Jewish Studies. The Journal is devoted to the study of Jewish culture in all aspects and all periods, including (but not limited to):
• Jewish archaeology and history of any period
• Jewish-themed literature, film or other performing arts in any language
• Analysis of Jewish art or architecture of any period
• Hebrew or Yiddish language learning or linguistics
• National or international Jewish politics/international relations
• Sociological or anthropological studies of Jewish groups
• Biblical, legal or theological studies of Jewish religious texts or laws
• Jewish philosophy of any period
• Biographical studies of Jewish individuals or groups
• Holocaust Studies
• Jewish education
The Journal’s editorial team is currently welcoming submission of manuscripts for consideration for the 2021 volume (XXXIV) of the Journal. This is an open-themed call: the editors welcome submission of papers based on original research up to 8,500 words, as well as book reviews up to 3,000 words, of relevance to the scope of the journal (above).
The publication language of the journal is English.
All research articles in the Journal undergo rigorous double-blind peer review. The Journal is indexed by EBSCO, and all papers since 2019 have been made fully available Open Access on the journal website. For the 2021 volume, there is no Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in the journal.
Submissions may be sent at any time, though to be considered for the 2021 volume your submission should be made by 17.00 GMT June 30th, 2021. A style guide for submissions is available at http://www.aajs.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/AJJS_Stylesheet.pdf. Submissions should be sent as a .doc attachment to the Editors (please CC both editors):
Dr Jennifer Creese – Jennifer.email@example.com
Dr Jan Láníček – firstname.lastname@example.org