Dear colleagues, we are excited to share the a newest season of the Jewish History Matters podcast, featuring interviews and in-depth discussion of new research and enduring debates about Jewish history and culture and why it matters. We've just started posting a new set of episodes and are pleased to share the first of this year, a conversation with Robert Alter about his monumental translation of the Bible, at https://www.jewishhistory.fm/translating-the-bible-with-robert-alter/. In the coming months we will be posting episodes with guests and topics including:
- The Jewish Annotated New Testament with Marc Brettler and Amy-Jill Levine
- Vaybertaytsh and Contemporary Yiddish Culture with Sandra Fox
- In Geveb with Jessica Kirzane and Saul Zaritt
- American Judaism with Jonathan Sarna
- Susannah Heschel on Abraham Joshua Heschel
- Teaching the Arab-Israeli Conflict with Rachel Harris
- The Afterlives of Jewish Buildings and Material Culture with Hillel Smith and Alanna Cooper
- Jews and Sex Work in Argentina with Mir Yarfitz and Geraldine Gudefin
- Early Modern Censorship with Hannah Marcus
These are just a few of the episodes which are on their way, so we hope you'll subscribe to Jewish History Matters on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts, or at https://www.jewishhistory.fm/subscribe/.
Jewish History Matters is produced and hosted by Jason Lustig, and you can follow us on Twitter at @JewishHistoryFM.