Your network editor has reposted this from H-Announce. The byline reflects the original authorship.
Fellowship in Moscow for doctoral candidates and post-doctoral candidates in the field of history and culture of the Jews in Russia,
with affiliations in research and educational centers outside Russia for work in Moscow’s archives and libraries.
Terms of the fellowship:
- Amount of the grant: 100,000 rubles (about $1,500) per month for doctoral candidates; 150,000 rubles (about $2,200) post-doctoral candidates;
- Paid trip to Moscow and back;
- Assistance in obtaining a Russian visa;
- Duration of the fellowship: from 1 to 3 months (to be determined by the applicant);
- Beginning of the fellowship: not earlier than April 1, 2020;
- End of the fellowship: no later than November 30, 2020.
The deadline for submission of applications: November 10, 2019.
Announcement of the contest results: January 20, 2020.
Expected fellowship results:
- Article based on the materials received during the fellowship, prepared for publication in one of the leading scientific journals (within a year after the end of the fellowship);
- Follow-up lecture in the museum at the end of the fellowship on the research topic.
The procedure and criteria for selecting applications for the fellowship:
The applications will be evaluated by members of the expert committee of the Research Center of the Jewish Museum in the following criteria:
- project novelty;
- significance of the expected results;
- research and methodical proficiency of the project.
The main stages of the fellowship at the Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center:
- July 15, 2019 – opening of the contest;
- November 10, 2019 – deadline for submission of applications;
- January 20, 2020 – summary of the contest results;
- April 1, 2020 – beginning of fellowships;
- November 30, 2020 – end of fellowships.
ul. Obraztsova, 11, bldg. 1A, Moscow
Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center
Private Cultural Institution
tel: +7-495-05-50 (260)
Contact person: Anastasia Deka