Brandeis University, Mandel Center for Studies in Jewish Education
Associate Director, Mandel Center for Studies in Jewish Education
The Associate Director is an essential member of the leadership team for this outward-facing research center serving as the academic equivalent of a COO or Chief of Staff.
Qualified candidates will have:
- managerial and leadership experience;
- a strong interest in and knowledge of the contemporary Jewish community;
- an MA in a relevant field;
- outstanding organizational skills and strategic-thinking abilities;
- exceptional communication skills including writing and editing;
- at least 5-7 years of relevant experience.
The Associate Director is not expected to be an active scholar; an academic background is helpful but not required. However, candidates with an academic background are encouraged to apply.
Serving on the Center’s leadership team and supporting the director in setting the Center’s research and programmatic agenda, decision-making, and resource development for the Center’s short- and long-term strategic goals.
Overseeing all aspects of the Center's operations, including:
- Managing the budgeting process including creating the annual budget, ensuring research projects and programs proceed according to timeline and within budget, and reporting on the Center's finances;
- Supervising the Center’s administrative team, student workers, communication consultant, and social media specialist;
- Supervising project and program leaders and managing and supporting all aspects of research projects and scholarly initiatives and programs;
- Serving as liaison to Brandeis University leadership and staff to ensure compliance with University policies and procedures.
Developing and implementing short- and long-term communication plans and goals for the Center's events, initiatives and scholarly products, as well as to raise visibility and fulfill the Center’s mission including:
- Production and dissemination of research papers and other scholarly products, annual report and other communications with foundations, newsletters, press releases and other marketing and communications materials;
- Overseeing content for the Center's website and social media.
For full job description and to apply go to: https://www.brandeis.edu/mandel/about/faculty-staff/opportunity.html
Brandeis University is committed to providing its students, faculty and staff with an environment conducive to learning and working and where all people are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, caste, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, including transgender identity, religion, disability, age, genetics, active military or veteran status and any other characteristics protected under applicable federal or Massachusetts law.