The H-Diplo publication schedule for the period 04 to 22 December is as follows:
Week of 04 December:
1. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Stephan Kieninger, Dynamic Detente: The United States and Europe, 1964-1975. Lanham: Rowman & Littlefield, 2016.
Introduction by Thomas Schwartz, Vanderbilt University
Werner Lippert, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Luke A. Nichter, Texas A&M University – Central Texas
Kenneth Weisbrode, Bilkent University
2. H-Diplo/ISSF Review of Seth A. Johnston. How NATO Adapts: Strategy and Organization in the Atlantic Alliance Since 1950. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2017.
Reviewed by Sara Bjerg Moller, Seton Hall University
3. H-Diplo Article Review of Nicole Pacino, “Stimulating a Cooperative Spirit? Public Health and U.S.-Bolivia Relations in the 1950s.” Diplomatic History 41:2 (April 2017): 305-335.
Reviewed by Kevin A. Young, University of Massachusetts Amherst
4. H-Diplo FRUS Review of Kristin L. Ahlberg, ed. Foreign Relations of the United States, 1977–1980, Volume II, Human Rights and Humanitarian Affairs. Washington DC: United States Government Printing Office, 2013. https://history.state.gov/historicaldocuments/frus1977-80v02
Reviewed by David Johnson Lee, Temple University
5. H-Diplo ISSF Roundtable Review of Robert Jervis, Perception and Misperception in International Politics. Princeton University Press, 2017; and Robert Jervis, How Statesmen Think: The Psychology of International Politics. Princeton University Press, 2017.
Introduction by Thomas Christensen, Princeton University
Dianne Pfundstein Chamberlain, Columbia University
Rose McDermott, Brown University
James B. Steinberg, Syracuse University
Philip Zelikow, University of Virginia
Week of 11 December:
1. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Jamie Miller, An African Volk: The Apartheid Regime and Its Search for Survival. New York: Oxford University Press, 2016. 439 pp. Notes, Illustrations, Bibliography, Index. $74.00 (cloth).
Introduction by Elizabeth Schmidt, Loyola University Maryland
Andy DeRoche, Front Range Community College
Jacob Dlamini, Princeton University
Hermann Giliomee, Emeritus, University of Cape Town
Nathaniel K. Powell, Fondation Pierre du Bois pour l’histoire du temps present
2. H-Diplo Article Review of Stephanie Bangarth, “‘Vocal but not Particularly Strong’? Air Canada’s Ill-Fated Vacation Package to Rhodesia and South Africa and the Anti-Apartheid Movement in Canada.” International Journal 71:3 (September 2016): 488-497.
Reviewed by Robin S. Gendron, Nipissing University
3. H-Diplo/ISSF Article Review of Mohammad Ayatollahi Tabaar, “Causes of the U.S. Hostage Crisis in Iran: The Untold Account of the Communist Threat.” Security Studies 26:4 (2017): 665-697.
Reviewed by John Limbert, US Naval Academy.
4. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Tony Smith. Why Wilson Matters: The Origins of Liberal Internationalism and Its Crisis Today. Princeton University Press, 2017.
Introduction by Thomas J. Knock, Southern Methodist University
John Milton Cooper, Jr., Emeritus University of Wisconsin-Madison
Patrick J. McDonald, University of Texas at Austin
Rasmus Sinding Søndergaard, University of Copenhagen
Trygve Throntveit, University of Minnesota
Week of 18 December:
1. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Jeffrey James Byrne. Mecca of Revolution: Algeria, Decolonization, and the Third World Order. Oxford University Press, 2016.
Introduction by Julia Clancy-Smith, University of Arizona
Paul Thomas Chamberlin, Columbia University
Ryan Irwin, University at Albany, SUNY
Jennifer Johnson, Brown University
Priya Lal, Boston College
2. H-Diplo Article Review of Meredith Oda, “Masculinizing Japan and Reorienting San Francisco: The Osaka-San Francisco Sister-City Affiliation during the Early Cold War.” Diplomatic History 41:3 (June 2017): 460-488.
Reviewed by Robert A. Hegwood, University of Pennsylvania
3. H-Diplo Article Review of Poshek Fu, “Trans-Pacific Cultural Connections: The University of Illinois and China.” Journal of American-East Asian Relations 24:1 (2017): 27-40.
Reviewed by Steve Upton, Upton Sino-Foreign Archive
4. H-Diplo Article Review of Evanthis Hatzivassiliou, “The Crisis of NATO Political Consultation, 1973–1974: From DEFCON III to the Atlantic Declaration" in the Journal of Cold War Studies 19:3 (Summer 2017): 104-133.
Reviewed by Federico Romero, European University Institute
With best regards,
Diane Labrosse, H-Diplo managing editor