The H-Diplo publication schedule for the period 21 December to 08 January is as follows:
Week of 21 December:
1. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Timothy Snyder. The Road to Unfreedom. Russia, Europe, America. London: Vintage, 2018.
Introduction by Thomas Maddux, Emeritus, California State University Northridge
Aaron Belkin, San Francisco State University
Yaroslav Hrytsak, Ukrainian Catholic University
Joseph Kellner, University of Georgia
2. H-Diplo /ISSF Roundtable Review of James Lebovic, Planning to Fail: The US Wars in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan. New York: Oxford University Press, 2019.
Introduction by James Wirtz, Naval Postgraduate School
Jonathan D. Caverley, U.S. Naval War College and Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Keith Shimko, Purdue University.
3. H-Diplo Article Review of Jason Colby. “Conscripting Leviathan: Science, Cetaceans, and the Cold War.” Diplomatic History 44:3 (2020): 466-78.
Reviewed by Kurk Dorsey, University of New Hampshire
4. H-Diplo Article Review of Adam Lajeunesse and Rob Huebert, “Preparing for the Next Arctic Sovereignty Crisis: the Northwest Passage in the Age of Donald Trump.” International Journal 74(2) (2019): 225-239. DOI: 10.1177/0020702019849641.
Reviewed by Rebecca Pincus, US Naval War College
24 December to 03 January: Holiday break. Best wishes for the holidays from the H-Diplo team.
Week of 04 January, 2021
1. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Petra Goedde, The Politics of Peace: A Global Cold War History. New York: Oxford, 2019.
Introduction by: Penny Von Eschen, The University of Virginia
Walter L. Hixson, University of Akron
Talbot Imlay, Université Laval, Québec
Judy Tzu-Chun Wu, University of California, Irvine
2. H-Diplo Review of Owen White. The Blood of the Colony: Wine and the Rise and Fall of French Algeria. Boston: Harvard University Press, 2020.
Reviewed by Frank Gerits, Utrecht University
3. H-Diplo Review of Wu Lin-chun, “China and the United States: Business, Technology and Networks, 1914-1941,” The Journal of American-East Asian Relations, 27:2 (2020) 119-141.
Reviewed by Sally Chengji Xing, Columbia University
4. H-Diplo Article Review of Nadin Heé, “Negotiating Migratory Tuna: Territorialization of the Oceans, Trans-War Knowledge and Fisheries Diplomacy.” Diplomatic History 44:3 (June 2020): 413-427.
Reviewed by William M. Tsutsui, Harvard University
5. H-Diplo/ISSF Roundtable Review of Philip Zelikow and Condoleezza Rice, To Build a Better World: Choices to End the Cold War and Create a Global Commonwealth. New York: Twelve, 2019.
Introduction by Robert Jervis, Columbia University
James Goldgeier, American University
Deborah Welch Larson, University of California, Los Angeles
Stephen Sestanovich, Columbia University
With best regards,
Diane Labrosse, H-Diplo managing editor