The H-Diplo publication schedule for the period 11 to 29 November is as follows:
Week of 11 November:
1. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Adom Getachew, Worldmaking after Empire: The Rise and Fall of Self-Determination. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2019.
Introduction by Cindy Ewing, University of Toronto
Michael Geyer, University of Chicago
Bonny Ibhawoh, McMaster University
Priya Lal, Boston College
Emma Stone Mackinnon, University of Cambridge
2. H-Diplo Article Review of David Fitzgerald, “Support the Troops: Gulf War Homecomings and a New Politics of Military Celebration,” Modern American History 2 (2019): 1-22.
Reviewed by Amanda Demmer, Virginia Tech
3. H-Diplo Article Review of Margaret Peacock, “Samantha Smith in the Land of the Bolsheviks: Peace and the Politics of Childhood in the Late Cold War,” Diplomatic History 43:3 (June 2019): 418-444.
Reviewed by Jennifer Helgren, University of the Pacific
4. H-Diplo/ISSF Article Review of Ahsan I. Butt, "Why Did the United States Invade Iraq in 2003?" Security Studies 28:2 (2019): 250-285.
Reviewed by Jordan Tama, American University
5. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Edith Sheffer, Asperger’s Children: The Origins of Autism in Nazi Vienna. New York: W.W. Norton & Company, 2018.
Introduction by: Benjamin P. Hein, Brown University, Samuel Clowes Huneke, George Mason University, and Michelle Lynn Kahn, University of Richmond
Kathryn Brackney, Vienna Wiesenthal Institute for Holocaust Studies
David Freis, University of Münster
Dagmar Herzog, Graduate Center, City University of New York
Week of 18 November:
1. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Oona A. Hathaway and Scott J. Shapiro, The Internationalists: How a Radical Plan to Outlaw War Remade the World. New York: Simon & Schuster, 2017.
Introduction by Peter Jackson, University of Glasgow
Daniel Gorman, University of Waterloo
John Mueller, Ohio State University
Stephen Wertheim, Columbia University
2. H-Diplo Article Review of Valentina Fava, “Between Business Interests and Ideological Marketing: The USSR and the Cold War in Fiat Corporate Strategy, 1957–1972,” Journal of Cold War Studies 20:4 (Fall 2018): 26–64.
Reviewed by Angela Romano, European University Institute
3. H-Diplo Article Review of Ken Nannichi, “A Trivial and Unimportant Ally”? Britain and the West German-Soviet Treaty Negotiations, 1970,” Diplomacy & Statecraft 30:3 (August 2019): 490–514.
Reviewed by Stephan Kieninger, Independent Historian
4. H-Diplo Article Review of Erik A. Moore, “Rights or Wishes? Conflicting Views over Human Rights and America’s Involvement in the Nicaraguan Contra War,” Diplomacy & Statecraft, 29:4 (October 2018): 716-737.
Reviewed by Evan D. McCormick, Columbia University
5. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Todd Shepard, Sex, France and Arab Men, 1962-1979. Chicago and London: University of Chicago Press, 2017.
Introduction by: Joan W. Scott, Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton
Darcie Fontaine, University of South Florida
Joseph W. Peterson, University of Southern Mississippi
Sandrine Sanos, Texas A & M University, Corpus Christi
Week of 25 November:
1. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Daniel Immerwahr, How to Hide an Empire. New York: Farrar, Straus, and Giroux, 2019.
Introduction by Erez Manela, Harvard University
Oliver Charbonneau, King’s University College
Rebecca Tinio McKenna, University of Notre Dame
Sarah Miller-Davenport, University of Sheffield
2. H-Diplo Article Review of Weldon C. Matthews, “The Kennedy Administration and Arms Transfers to Ba’thist Iraq.” Diplomatic History 43:3 (2019): 469-492.
Reviewed by Joost R. Hiltermann. International Crisis Group
3. H-Diplo Article Review of Paul Kershaw, "Averting a Global Financial Crisis: the US, the IMF, and the Mexican Debt Crisis of 1976," The International History Review, 40:2 (April 2018): 292-314.
Reviewed by Claudia Kedar, Hebrew University, Jerusalem
4. H-Diplo Article Review of Seung-young Kim. “Open Door or Sphere of Influence?: The Diplomacy of the Japanese-French Entente and Fukien Question, 1905-1907,” International History Review 41:1 (2019): 105-129.
Reviewed by Noriko Kawamura, Washington State University
Diane Labrosse, H-Diplo managing editor