The H-Diplo publication schedule for the period 22 July to 02 August is as follows:
Week of 22 July:
1. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Artemy M. Kalinovsky, Laboratory of Socialist Development: Cold War Politics and Decolonization in Soviet Tajikistan. Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 2018.
Introduction by Alessandro Iandolo, University of Oxford
Moritz Florin, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
Jeremy Friedman, Harvard Business School
Nils Gilman, Berggruen Institute
Kristy Ironside, McGill University
2. H-Diplo Article Review of Andrew Patrick, “Woodrow Wilson, the Ottomans, and World War I.” Diplomatic History 42:5 (November 2018): 886-910.
Reviewed by Karine Walther, Georgetown University – Qatar
3. H-Diplo Article Review of Pál Germuska, “Balancing between the Comecon and the EEC: Hungarian Elite Debate on European Integration during the Long 1970s.” Cold War History, 2019.
Reviewed by László Borhi, Indiana University Bloomington
4. H-Diplo Article Review of Frédéric Gloriant, “To Adapt to the Cold War Bipolar Order? Or To Challenge It? Macmillan and De Gaulle’s Rift in the Face of the Second Berlin Crisis.” Cold War History 18:4 (2018): 465-483.
Reviewed by Garret J. Martin, American University
Week of 29 July:
1. H-Diplo/ISSF Roundtable Review of Sarah E. Kreps, Taxing Wars: The American Way of War Finance and the Decline of American Democracy. New York, NY: Oxford University Press 2018.
Introduction by Joshua Rovner, American University
Linda J. Bilmes, Harvard University
Rosella Cappella Zielinski, Boston University
Matthew DiGiuseppe, Leiden University
Paul Poast, University of Chicago
Trevor Thrall, George Mason University
2. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Dagmar Herzog, Unlearning Eugenics: Sexuality, Reproduction, and Disability in Post-Nazi Europe. Madison: University of Wisconsin Press, 2018.
Introduction by Lotte Houwink ten Cate, Columbia University and the Freie Universität, Berlin
Susanne M. Klausen, Carleton University
Danilyn Rutherford, The Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research
Johanna Schoen, Rutgers University
Katherine Sorrels, University of Cincinnati
Moira Weigel, Harvard Society of Fellows
3. H-Diplo/ISSF Article Review of Oriana Skylar Mastro, “Conflict and Chaos on the Korean Peninsula: Can China’s Military Help Secure North Korea’s Nuclear Weapons.” International Security, Vol. 43, No 2 (2018).
Reviewed by Terence Roehrig, U.S. Naval War College
4. H-Diplo Article Review of Balazs Szalontai, "North Korea between China, Japan and the ROK, 2012–2016," Korea Journal, Vol. 58, No. 3 (Autumn 2018): 156–183.
Reviewed by Victor Teo, The University of Hong Kong
5. H-Diplo/ISSF Article Review of Matthew Adam Kocher, Adria K. Lawrence, and Nuno P. Monteiro. “Nationalism, Collaboration, and Resistance: France under Nazi Occupation.” International Security, Vol. 43, No. 2 (Fall 2018), pp. 117–150.
Reviewed by Peter Liberman, Queens College and the Graduate Center of the City University of New York
Diane Labrosse, H-Diplo managing editor