The H-Diplo publication schedule for the period 03 to 21 December is as follows:
Week of 03 December:
1. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of David C. Hendrickson, Republic in Peril: American Empire and the Liberal Tradition. New York: Oxford University Press, 2018.
Introduction by Rajan Menon, City College of New York/City University of New York
Robert G. Kaufman, Pepperdine University
James Lebovic, George Washington University
Henry R. Nau, George Washington University
Kori Schake, International Institute for Strategic Studies
2. H-Diplo/ISSF Article Review of Tobias Theiler, “The Microfoundations of Diversionary Conflict.” Security Studies 27:2 (2018): 318-343.
Reviewed by Terence K. Teo, Seton Hall University
3. H-Diplo Article Review of Julia Sittmann, “Illusions of Care: Iraqi Students between the Ba‘thist State and the Stasi in Socialist East Germany, 1958-89.” Cold War History 18:2 (2018): 187-202.
Reviewed by Joseph Sassoon, Georgetown University
4. H-Diplo Article Review of “Sports Diplomacy” Forum, Diplomatic History 40:5 November 2016: 805-892.
Reviewed by Molly Geidel, University of Manchester
Week of 10 December:
1. H-Diplo/ISSF Roundtable Review of Dara Kay Cohen, Rape During Civil War. Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 2016.
Introduction by Elisabeth Jean Wood, Yale University
Amanda H. Blair, University of Chicago
Valerie M. Hudson, Texas A&M
Laura Sjoberg, University of Florida
2. H-Diplo Article Review of Susan McCall Perlman, “US Intelligence and Communist plots in Postwar France.” Intelligence and National Security 33:3 (April 2018): 376-390.
Reviewed by Alessandro Brogi, University of Arkansas
3. H-Diplo/ISSF Article Review of Peter Gill, Stephen Marrin, and Mark Pythian, eds.,“Developing Intelligence Theory” Special Issue of Intelligence and National Security Vol. 33, No, 4 June 2018.
Reviewed by James J. Wirtz, Naval Postgraduate School
4. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Yuri Slezkine, The House of Government. A Saga of the Russian Revolution (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2017).
Introduction Daniel Steinmetz-Jenkins, Yale University
Sonja Luehrmann, Simon Fraser University
Brittany Pheiffer Noble, Columbia University
Lewis H. Siegelbaum, Michigan State University
Claudia Verhoeven, Cornell University
Week of 17 December:
1. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Christian Talley, Forgotten Vanguard: Informal Diplomacy and the Rise of United States-China Trade, 1972–1980. Notre Dame: University of Notre Dame Press, 2018.
Introduction by Thomas A. Schwartz, Vanderbilt University
Mao Lin, Georgia Southern University
Pete Millwood, Oxford University’s Rothermere American Institute
Kazushi Minami, University of Texas at Austin
Norton Wheeler, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
2. H-Diplo Article Review of Ethan Kapstein, “Success and Failure in Counterinsurgency Campaigns: Lessons from the Cold War." Journal of Cold War Studies 19:1 (Winter 2017): 125-159.
Reviewed by Douglas Porch, Emeritus, Naval Postgraduate School
3. H-Diplo Article Review of “Trump’s First Year in Asia,” Special Issue of Journal of American-East Asian Studies 25:2 (Summer 2018), 105-220.
Reviewed by Priscilla Roberts, City University of Macau
4. H-Diplo/ISSF Roundtable Review of Dianne Pfundstein Chamberlain, Cheap Threats: Why The United States Struggles to Coerce Weak States. Washington, DC: Georgetown University Press, 2016.
Introduction by: Anne Sartori, MIT
Timothy W. Crawford, Boston College
Todd S. Sechser, University of Virginia
Andrew L. Stigler, United States Naval War College
Diane Labrosse, H-Diplo managing editor