Reminder: Applications are due by email to email@example.com by July 15, 2018.
Call for Papers
International Security Studies at Yale University invites junior scholars (doctoral students and postdoctoral fellows) conducting research on international security and grand strategy to submit papers for presentation at the Yale Brady-Johnson International Security Studies Research Workshop to be held on September 21–22, 2018.
The workshop is designed to provide junior scholars with an opportunity to obtain feedback from peers and faculty from outside their home institutions. We also aim at fostering intellectual and professional relationships among the next generation of international security scholars and diplomatic and military historians.
Each selected presenter will receive feedback from two faculty discussants and two other junior scholars. Confirmed faculty discussants include:
- Stephen Biddle (SIPA, Columbia);
- Alexandre Debs (Political Science, Yale);
- Beverly Gage (History and Grand Strategy, Yale);
- Charles Glaser (Political Science and International Affairs, George Washington);
- Stacie Goddard (Political Science, Wellesley);
- Robert Jervis (Political Science and SIPA, Columbia);
- Josh Kertzer (Government, Harvard);
- Fred Logevall (History and Kennedy School, Harvard);
- Sean Lynn-Jones (editor, International Security);
- John Mearsheimer (Political Science, Chicago);
- Nuno Monteiro (Political Science and ISS, Yale);
- Daryl Press (Government, Dartmouth);
- Mary Sarotte (SAIS, Johns Hopkins)
- Jennifer Siegel (History, Ohio State);
- Monica Toft (Fletcher School, Tufts);
- Marc Trachtenberg (Political Science, UCLA);
- Arne Westad (History and Kennedy School, Harvard).
Although doctoral students at any stage are welcome to apply, we anticipate the conference being especially useful for students on or nearing the academic job market. Yale will cover all costs for all participants.
Contact Info: Igor Biryukov, Senior Administrative Assistant, International Security Studies
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org