The H-Diplo publication schedule for the period 14 May to 01 June is as follows:
Week of 14 May
1. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Russell Crandall, The Salvador Option: The United States in El Salvador, 1977-1992. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2016.
Introduction by Dustin Walcher, Southern Oregon University
Jason Colby, the University of Victoria, British Columbia
Michelle Getchell, U.S. Naval War College
Theresa Keeley, University of Louisville
Kyle Longley, Arizona State University
2. H-Diplo Article Review of Daniel Hucker, “Public Opinion, the Press and the Failed Anglo-Franco-Soviet Negotiations of 1939.” International History Review 40.1 (2017), 65-85.
Reviewed by G. Bruce Strang, Brandon University
3. H-Diplo Article Review of Laura Ciglioni, “Italian Public Opinion in the Atomic Age: Mass-Market Magazines Facing Nuclear Issues (1963-1967),” Cold War History, 17:3 (2017).
Reviewed by Maurizio Zinni, University of Roma Tre
4. H-Diplo/ISSF Roundtable Review of Lawrence Freedman, The Future of War: A History. Public Affairs, 2017.
Introduction by Robert Jervis, Columbia University
Douglas M. Gibler, University of Alabama
Beatrice Heuser, University of Glasgow and Sciences Po
Mara Karlin, Johns Hopkins-SAIS
Joshua Rovner, American University
Week of 21 May:
1. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Benjamin Allen Coates, Legalist Empire: International Law and American Foreign Relations in the Early Twentieth Century. New York: Oxford University Press, 2016.
Introduction by: Thomas Maddux, Professor Emeritus, California State University Northridge
Christopher McKnight Nichols, Oregon State University
Katharina Rietzler, University of Sussex
John A. Thompson, University of Cambridge
Stephen Wertheim, University of London
2. H-Diplo Article Review of Michael Clarke and Anthony Ricketts, “Shielding the Republic: Barack Obama and the Jeffersonian Tradition of American Foreign Policy,” Diplomacy and Statecraft, 28:3 (2017): 494-517.
Reviewed by Gustav Meibauer, London School of Economics and Political Science
3. H-Diplo Article Review of Melissa Jane Taylor, “‘Raging Rumors’: American Diplomats’ Reportage from Latvia and Estonia, 1938-1940.” The International History Review 40:1((2018), 155-176.
Reviewed by David M. Crowe, Elon University
4. H-Diplo Review of Talbot C. Imlay, The Practice of Socialist Internationalism: European Socialists and International Politics, 1914-1960. Oxford and New York: Oxford University Press, 2018.
Reviewed by Terence Renaud, Yale University
Week of 28 May:
1. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of James Fergusson and Francis Furtado (eds.), Beyond Afghanistan: An International Security Agenda for Canada. Victoria: University of British Columbia Press, 2016.
Introduction by Brian Bow, Dalhousie University
Petra Dolata, University of Calgary
John Mitton, Dalhousie University.
2. H-Diplo Article Review of Lindsay Aqui, “Macmillan, Nkrumah and the 1961 Application for European Economic Community Membership.” The International History Review 39:4 (2017), 575-591.
Reviewed by Mathias Haeussler, Magdalene College, University of Cambridge
3. H-Diplo/ISSF Article Review of Lise Morjé Howard and Alexandra Stark, “How Civil Wars End: The International System, Norms, and the Role of External Actors, International Security, 42, 3 (Winter 2017/18), 127-171.
Reviewed by Roy Licklider, Rutgers University and Columbia University
4. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Melinda Cooper, Family Values: Between Neoliberalism and the New Social Conservatism, MIT Press, 2017.
Introduction by: Daniel Steinmetz-Jenkins, Yale University
Kristen Loveland, Southern District of New York
Andrea Muehlebach, University of Toronto
Gabriel N. Rosenberg, Duke University
Charlotte Walker-Said, John Jay College- City University New York
Diane N. Labrosse, H-Diplo managing editor