The H-Diplo publication schedule for the period 12 February to 02 March is as follows:
Week of 12 February:
1. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Jeffrey James Byrne. Mecca of Revolution: Algeria, Decolonization, and the Third World Order. Oxford University Press, 2016.
Introduction by Julia Clancy-Smith, University of Arizona
Paul Thomas Chamberlin, Columbia University
Ryan Irwin, University at Albany, SUNY
Jennifer Johnson, Brown University
Priya Lal, Boston College
2. H-Diplo/ISSF Article Review of Jamie Gruffydd-Jones, “Dangerous Days: The Impact of Nationalism on Interstate Conflict,” Security Studies, Volume 26, Number 4 (2017): 698-728, DOI: 10.1080/09636412.2017.1336393
Reviewed by Jiyoung Ko, University of Notre Dame
3. H-Diplo Article Review of Brendan Kelly, “The Politician and the Civil Servant: Pierre Trudeau, Marcel Cadieux, and the Department of External Affairs, 1968–1970.” International Journal 72:1 (March 2017): 5–27.
Reviewed by Stephen Azzi, Carleton University
Week of 19 February:
1. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Kristina Spohr. The Global Chancellor: Helmut Schmidt and the Reshaping of the International Order. New York: Oxford University Press, 2016.
Introduction by Vojtech Mastny, Washington, DC
Martin Albers, Hamburg, Germany
Daniel Sargent, University of
Thomas A. Schwartz, Vanderbilt University
2. H-Diplo/ISSF Article Review of Nina Silove, “Beyond the Buzzword: The Three Meanings of “Grand Strategy.” Security Studies, (2017) DOI: 10.1080/09636412.2017.1360073
Reviewed by Alex Roland, Duke University
3. H-Diplo Article Review of Simon Toner, “Imagining Taiwan: The Nixon Administration, the Developmental States, and South Vietnam’s Search for Economic Viability, 1969–1975.” Diplomatic History 41:4 (September 1, 2017): 772–98.
Reviewed by James Lin, University of Washington
Week of 26 February:
1. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of David Alvarez and Eduard Mark, Spying through a Glass Darkly: American Espionage against the Soviet Union, 1945-1946. Lawrence: University Press of Kansas, 2016
Introduction by Rhodri Jeffreys-Jones, Emeritus University of Edinburgh
Gregg Herken, University of California Emeritus
Kevin Conley Ruffner, Independent Historian
Mark Stout, Johns Hopkins University
2. H-Diplo Article Review of Olivia Sohns, “The Future Foretold: Lyndon Baines Johnson’s Congressional Support for Israel.” Diplomacy & Statecraft 28:1 (2017): 57-84.
Reviewed by Kenny Kolander, West Virginia University
3. H-Diplo/ISSF Article Review of Dan Altman, “Advancing without Attacking: The Strategic Game around the Use of Force,” Security Studies (2017).
Reviewed by Sara Bjerg Moller, Seton Hall University
Diane Labrosse, H-Diplo managing editor