H-Diplo Publication Schedule, 08 to 19 May
The H-Diplo publication schedule for the period 08 to 19 May is as follows:
Week of 08 May:
1. H-Diplo|RJISSF Roundtable Review of Csaba Békés, Hungary’s Cold War. International Relations from the End of World War II to the Fall of the Soviet Union. The University of North Carolina Press, 2022.
Introduction by James G. Hershberg, the George Washington University
Tamás Magyarics, ELTE (Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest) and University of Public Service, Budapest
Douglas Selvage, Humboldt University, Berlin
Corina Snitar, University of Glasgow
Barnabás Vajda, J. Selye University, Komarno, Slovakia
Author’s Response by Csaba Békés, Corvinus University of Budapest / Center for Social Sciences, Budapest
2. H-Diplo Article Review of Fernanda Conforto de Oliveira, “The IMF as a ‘Mantle of Multilateral Anonymity’: US-IMF-Brazil Relations, 1956–9,” Cold War History, (2022).
Reviewed by Rafael R. Ioris, University of Denver
3. H-Diplo Review Forum on Clive Webb and Robert Cook, eds., “British Attitudes towards the United States since 1941,” Journal of Transatlantic Studies 18:3 (September 2020): 277-404.
Introduction by James Ellison, Queen Mary University of London.
Martin Farr. Newcastle University.
David G. Haglund, Queen’s University
Ruth Lawlor, University of Cambridge.
Sarah L. Silkey, Lycoming College.
Week of 15 May:
1. H-Diplo|RJISSF Roundtable Review of Fritz Bartel, The Triumph of Broken Promises: The End of the Cold War and the Rise of Neoliberalism. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2022.
Introduction by Odd Arne Westad, Yale University
Emma Ashford, Stimson Center
Melvyn P. Leffler, Emeritus University of Virginia
Niko Letso, Northwestern University
Lorenz Luthi, McGill University
Federico Romero, University of Florence
Author’s Response by Fritz Bartel, Texas A&M University
2. H-Diplo|RJISSF Article Review of Mattias E. Fibiger, “Indonesia and the Third Indochina War: The End of Containment.” Journal of American-East Asian Relations 29, no. 3 (2022): 240–270.
Reviewed by Dan McCoy, Northern Illinois University
3. H-Diplo/RJISSF Article Review of Andrew Buchanan, “Globalizing the Second World War,” Past and Present no. 258 (February 2023): 246-281.
Reviewed by Mark A. Stoler, University of Vermont, emeritus
With best regards,
Diane Labrosse, H-Diplo managing editor