The H-Diplo publication schedule for the period 16 May to 10 June is as follows:
Week of 16 May:
1. H-Diplo Article Review Forum on “Beyond and Between the Cold War Blocs,” Special Issue of The International History Review 37:5 (December 2015): 901 – 1013
Introduction by Janick Marina Schaufelbuehl, University of Lausanne; Sandra Bott University of Lausanne; Jussi Hanhimäki, Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies; and Marco Wyss, University of Chichester
Anne Deighton, The University of Oxford
Juergen Dinkel, Justus-Liebig-University
Wen-Qing Ngoei, Northwestern University
Johanna Rainio-Niemi, University of Helsinki, Finland
2. H-Diplo/ISSF Article Review of Kathleen M. Vogel and Christine Knight, “Analytic Outreach for Intelligence: Insights from a Workshop on Emerging Biotechnology Threats.” Intelligence and National Security 30:5 (2015): 686-703.
Commentary by John C. Baker, Innovative Analytics and Training
3. H-Diplo Article Review of Tom Cutterham, “The International Dimension of the Federal Constitution.” Journal of American Studies 48:2 (May 2014): 501-515.
Reviewed by Mark Boonshoft, New York Public Library
4. H-Diplo/ISSF Review of “Process Tracing: A Symposium,” Security Studies 24:2 (April-June 2015): 200-250.
Review by Keren Yarhi-Milo, Princeton University
Week of 23 May:
1. H-Diplo/ISSF Roundtable Review of Robert Pee, Democracy, National Security and Strategy: Foreign Policy under the Reagan Administration. London: Routledge, 2015.
Introduction by Thomas Maddux, Emeritus California State University Northridge
Matthew Alan Hill, Liverpool John Moores University
Michael McKoy, Wheaton College
Tom Nichols, U.S. Naval War College
Lauren Turek, Trinity University
James Wilson, Historical Office, Department of State
2. H-Diplo Review essay on Michael H. Armacost, Ballots, Bullets, and Bargains: American Foreign Policy and Presidential Elections. New York: Columbia University Press, 2015.
Reviewed by Meena Bose, Hofstra University
3. H-Diplo Article Review of John Rosenberg, “The Quest against Détente: Eugene Rostow, the October War, and the Origins of the Anti-détente Movement, 1969–1976”. Diplomatic History 39:4 (October 2015): 720-744.
Reviewed by Shaul Mitelpunkt, University of York
Week of 30 May:
1. H-Diplo/ISSF Thompson Review of John A. Thompson, A Sense of Power: The Roots of America’s Global Role. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press, 2015.
Introduction by Melvyn P. Leffler, University of Virginia
Jerald A. Combs, Emeritus San Francisco State University
Lloyd Gardner, Emeritus Rutgers University
James H. Lebovic, George Washington University
2. H-Diplo Article Review of Henry Brands, “Before the Tilt: The Carter Administration Engages Saddam Hussein.” Diplomacy and Statecraft, 26:1 (2015).
Reviewed by Ibrahim Al-Marashi, California State University San Marcos
3. H-Diplo/ISSF Article Review of Aaron Rapport, “Hard Thinking about Hard and Easy Cases in Security Studies.” Security Studies Vol. 24, No. 3 (July-September 2015): 431-465.
Reviewed by Timothy McKeown, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
4. H-Diplo/ISSF Forum on “Obama’s World: Judging His Foreign Policy Record,” Foreign Affairs, 94:5 (September/October 2015). 2-78.
Introduction by Thomas Maddux, Emeritus, California State University Northridge
Peter Feaver, Duke University
Bruce Jentleson, Duke University
James H. Lebovic, The George Washington University
Henry R. Nau, The George Washington University
Week of 6 June:
1. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Alexander V. Pantsov, with Steven I. Levine, Deng Xiaoping: A Revolutionary Life. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2015.
Introduction by Yafeng Xia Long Island University, Brooklyn,
Thomas P. Bernstein, Emeritus, Columbia University
Joseph W. Esherick, Emeritus, University of California, San Diego
Niu Jun, Peking University
2. H-Diplo Article Review of Nguyet Nguyen, “Which Mirror Is ‘Truer’? Portrayal of the Vietnam War in Apocalypse Now and Cánh Đȍng Hoang.” Journal of American-East Asian Relations 22.1 (2015): 45-71.
Reviewed by Catherine Calloway, Arkansas State University
3. H-Diplo Article Review of Zach Levey, “The United States, Israel, and Nuclear Desalination, 1964-1968.” Diplomatic History 39:5 (December 2015), 904-25.
Reviewed by Roland Popp, ETH Zurich
Diane Labrosse, H-Diplo managing editor