The H-Diplo publication schedule for the period 10 to 21 October is as follows:
Week of 10 October:
1. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of David J. Lee, The Ends of Modernization: Nicaragua and the United States in the Cold War Era. Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 2021.
Introduction by Alan McPherson, Temple University
Patrick Iber, University of Wisconsin, Madison
Stephen G. Rabe, Emeritus University of Texas at Dallas
William Michael Schmidli Leiden University
Emily Snyder, University of Cambridge
Author’s Response by David J. Lee, Temple University
2. H-Diplo Book Review of Thomas Boghardt. Covert Legions: US Army Intelligence in Germany, 1944-1949. US Army Center of Military History. Washington D.C., 2022.
Reviewed by Walter M. Hudson, The Eisenhower School, National Defense University
3. H-Diplo Article Review of Karine Walther, “Dorothy Thompson and American Zionism,” Diplomatic History 46:2 (April 2022): 263-291.
Reviewed by Amy Fallas, University of California, Santa Barbara
4. H-Diplo/ISSF Forum on the Scholarship of Walter LaFeber
Introduction by Lloyd Gardner, Rutgers University
Frank Costigliola, University of Connecticut
Anne L. Foster, Indiana State University
Greg Grandin, Yale University
Justin Hart, Texas Tech University
Andrew Rotter, Colgate University
Week of 17 October:
1. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Mario Daniels and John Krige, Knowledge Regulation and National Security in Postwar America. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2022.
Introduction by Katherine Epstein, Rutgers University-Camden
Stefan Link, Dartmouth College
Jessica Wang, University of British Columbia
Alex Wellerstein, Stevens Institute of Technology
Mark Wilson, University of North Carolina-Charlotte
Authors’ Response by Mario Daniels, University of Amsterdam, and John Krige, Emeritus, Georgia Tech
2. H-Diplo Forum Review of Nina Tumarkin, Ronald Grigor Suny, Elizabeth Wood, Stephen E. Hanson, and Andrea Graziosi. “The Weight of the Soviet Past in Post-1991 Russia: Alternative Perspectives,” Journal of Cold War Studies, 24(2), (2022). 132-158.
Reviewed by Ivan Kurilla, European University at St. Petersburg
3. H-Diplo Book Review of Benjamin D. Hopkins. Ruling the Savage Periphery: Frontier Governance and the Making of the Modern State. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2020.
Reviewed by Kerry Goettlich, University of Reading
4. H-Diplo/ISSF Review of Séverine Autesserre, The Frontlines of Peace: An Insider’s Guide to Changing the World (Oxford University Press, 2021).
Introduction by Deborah Avant, University of Denver
Susanna Campbell, American University
Marina E. Henke, the Hertie Center for International Security
Sabrina Karim, Cornell University
Maria Martin de Almagro, University of Ghent
Author’s Response by Séverine Autesserre, Barnard College, Columbia University
With best regards,
Diane Labrosse, H-Diplo managing editor