The H-Diplo publication schedule for the period 03 to 14 October is as follows:
Week of 03 October:
1. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Jonathan R. Hunt and Simon Miles, eds., The Reagan Moment: America and the World in the 1980s. Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 2021.
Introduction by Timothy Sayle, University of Toronto
Aaron Bateman, George Washington University
Grant Golub, London School of Economics and Political Science
Elizabeth Ingleson, London School of Economics and Political Science
Michelle D. Paranzino, U.S. Naval War College
Editors’ Response by Jonathan R. Hunt, US Air War College, and Simon Miles, Duke University
2. H-Diplo Commentary Series on Putin’s War
“Sanctions are Not Keeping Putin Awake at Night. Export Controls Are.”
Essay by Agathe Demarais, Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).
3. H-Diplo Article Review of Mariana Budjeryn, “Non-Proliferation and State Succession: The Demise of the USSR and the Nuclear Aftermath in Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Ukraine,” Journal of Cold War Studies 24:2 (Spring 2022): 46-94.
Reviewed by William C. Potter, Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
4. H-Diplo Article Review of Sharinee L. Jagtiani, “'Foreign Armies are Functioning on Asian Soil’: India, Indonesian Decolonisation and the Onset of the Cold War (1945–1949),” Cold War History 22:3 (2022): 305-324.
Reviewed by Swapna Kona Nayudu, Yale-NUS College
Week of 10 October:
1. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of David J. Lee, The Ends of Modernization: Nicaragua and the United States in the Cold War Era. Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 2021.
Introduction by Alan McPherson, Temple University
Patrick Iber, University of Wisconsin, Madison
Stephen G. Rabe, Emeritus University of Texas at Dallas
William Michael Schmidli Leiden University
Emily Snyder, University of Cambridge
Author’s Response by David J. Lee, Temple University
2. H-Diplo Book Review of Thomas Boghardt. Covert Legions: US Army Intelligence in Germany, 1944-1949. US Army Center of Military History. Washington D.C., 2022.
Reviewed by Walter M. Hudson, The Eisenhower School, National Defense University
3. H-Diplo Article Review of Karine Walther, “Dorothy Thompson and American Zionism,” Diplomatic History 46:2 (April 2022): 263-291.
Reviewed by Amy Fallas, University of California, Santa Barbara
4. H-Diplo/ISSF Forum on the Scholarship of Walter LaFeber
Introduction by Lloyd Gardner, Rutgers University
Frank Costigliola, University of Connecticut
Anne L. Foster, Indiana State University
Greg Grandin, Yale University
Justin Hart, Texas Tech University
Andrew Rotter, Colgate University
With best regards,
Diane Labrosse, H-Diplo managing editor