The H-Diplo publication schedule for the period 16 to 27 May is as follows:
Week of 16 May:
1. H-Diplo Roundtable Review of Jana Lipman, In Camps: Vietnamese Refugees, Asylum Seekers, and Repatriates. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2020.
Introduction by Amanda C. Demmer, Virginia Tech
Evyn Lê Espiritu Gandhi, University of California, Los Angeles
Erik Harms, Yale University
Julia F. Irwin, University of South Florida
Carl J. Bon Tempo, University at Albany, State University of New York (SUNY
Sam Vong, Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History
Author’s Response by Jana K. Lipman, Tulane University
2. H-Diplo Article Review of Wilfrid Greaves, “Climate Change and Security in Canada,” International Journal, 76:2 (2021): 183-203.
Reviewed by Leanne Smythe, Trinity Western University
3. H-Diplo Article Review of Luca Falciola, “Transnational Relationships between the Italian Revolutionary Left and Palestinian Militants during the Cold War.” Journal of Cold War Studies 22:4 (Fall 2020): 31-70.
Reviewed by Patricia G. Steinhoff, University of Hawaiʻi
4. H-Diplo Review of David C. Engerman, Max Paul Friedman, and Melani McAlister, eds., The Cambridge History of America and the World, Volume IV, 1945 to the Present. General Editor Mark Philip Bradley. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2021.
Reviewed by David A. Hollinger, Emeritus, University of California, Berkeley
5. H-Diplo Review of Kevin Waite. West of Slavery: The Southern Dream of a Transcontinental Empire. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 2021.
Reviewed by Alice Baumgartner, University of Southern California
Week of 23 May:
1. H-Diplo/ISSF Roundtable Review of Samuel Moyn, Humane: How the United States Abandoned Peace and Reinvented War. New York: Farrar, Straus, and Giroux, 2021
Introduction by Sarah B. Snyder, American University
Anne Kornhauser, City College of New York
Jana K. Lipman, Tulane University
Tejasvi Nagaraja, Cornell University
Scott D. Sagan, Stanford University
Author’s Response by Samuel Moyn, Yale University
2. H-Diplo Article Review of Xiahang Ding, “Diplomacy vs. Economics: Examining the Roots of Decline in Sino-U.S. Trade in 1975,” Journal of American-East Asian Relations. 28:2 (Jun3 2021): 1333-158.
Reviewed by Niu Jun, Peking University, emeritus
3. H-Diplo/ISSF Review of Raymond C. Kuo. Following the Leader: International Order, Alliance Strategies, and Emulation. Stanford: Stanford University Press, 2021.
Reviewed by Evan Braden Montgomery, Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments
4. H-Diplo/ISSF Roundtable Review of Benjamin Miller with Ziv Rubinovitz. Grand Strategy from Truman to Trump. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2020.
Introduction by Peter Dombrowski, Naval War College
Paul C. Avey, Virginia Tech
Mariya Grinberg, Dartmouth College
Ionut Popescu, Texas State University
Hilde Eliassen Restad, Bjørknes University College
Authors’ Response by Benjamin Miller and Ziv Rubinovitz, The University of Haifa
With best regards,
Diane Labrosse, H-Diplo managing editor