Greetings: This document and others related to the October 31, 2019 HPRB Meeting will post on our website at: https://planning.dc.gov/node/1435716 . Staff reports for this meeting will post on Friday, October 25.
Project Drawings are also posted on the website at: https://planning.dc.gov/page/historic-preservation-office.
Please Note: The Public Meeting on October 31 begins at 9:30 AM.
There will be no meeting on October 24.
Historic Preservation Review Board Meetings
October 31, 2019
The Historic Preservation Review Board will meet to consider the following items. The meeting will be held at 441 4th Street NW in Room 220-South. Applicants and those interested in testifying should arrive at least fifteen minutes prior to the assigned time for the case.
A. Mitchell Park Fieldhouse, 1801 23rd Street NW, Case 18-07
B. Chevy Chase Playground, 5500 41st Street NW, Case 18-08
C. The Harrison Apartment Building (The Canterbury), 704 3rd Street NW, HPA 18-106, renewal of concept/new construction and adaptive rehabilitation
CAPITOL HILL HISTORIC DISTRICT
D. 1363 A Street NE, HPA 19-535, concept/new two-story garage
E. 1365 A Street NE, HPA 19-536, concept/new two-story garage
F. 333 9th Street SE, HPA 19-599, concept/rear two-story addition and interior renovations
G. 148 11th Street SE, HPA 19-602, concept/two-story rear addition
CLEVELAND PARK HISTORIC DISTRICT
H. 3141 Highland Place NW, HPA 19-601, concept/one-story additions at east and west sides of house; rebuild existing rear addition; new garage
I. 3029 Ordway Street NW, HPA 19-604, concept/extend existing rear addition; new deck, stairs, and retaining wall at rear
14TH STREET HISTORIC DISTRICT
J. 1421 Corcoran Street NW, HPA 19-606, concept/new construction of three-story rowhouse
TAKOMA PARK HISTORIC DISTRICT
K. 6903 5th Street NW, HPA 19-600, two-story rear addition
9:00-9:30 EXECUTIVE SESSION
1. 9:30-10:15 Barry Farm Dwellings, 1100-1371 Stevens Road, 2677-2687 Wade Road and 2652 firth Sterling Avenue SE, Case 19-07 (Board deliberation; continuation of July 25th hearing)
2. 10:15-10:20 Barry Farm Dwellings (to be considered only if designated), 1100-1371 Stevens Road, 2677-2687 Wade Road and 2652 Firth Sterling Avenue SE, HPA 19-482, raze
YOUNG, BROWNE, PHELPS AND SPINGARN EDUCATIONAL CAMPUS HISTORIC DISTRICT
3. 10:20-11:15 820 26th Street NE, HPA 19-547, concept/two-story addition to existing building
GWU/WEST END HISTORIC DISTRICT
4. 11:15-12:00 1900 F Street NW, HPA 19-542, revised concept/enclose interior court; addition
11:45-12:45 LUNCH BREAK
DUPONT CIRCLE HISTORIC DISTRICT
5. 1:00-1:45 1630 Riggs Place NW, HPA 19-543, concept/rear canopy over existing balcony
SHERIDAN KALORAMA HISTORIC DISTRICT
6. 1:45-2:45 2323 Tracy Place NW, HPA 19-490, concept/rear addition and window alterations
MOUNT VERNON SQUARE HISTORIC DISTRICT
7. 2:45-3:30 454 Ridge Street NW, HPA 19-595, concept/new construction, rowhouse with accessory building
TAKOMA PARK HISTORIC DISTRICT
8. 3:30-4:00 422 Butternut Street NW, HPA 19-597, permit/slate roof replacement
Bruce Yarnall • Historic Preservation Operations Manager
DC Office of Planning
1100 4th Street SW, Suite E650 • Washington, DC 20024