Agricultural History Society
Tropicana: Commodities Across Borders
Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront Hotel
St. Petersburg, Florida
May 24-26, 2018
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Agricultural History Society welcomes proposals for sessions and papers on the conference theme Tropicana: Commodities across Borders. The theme locates the United States, the Caribbean, and Latin America in a global history of commodity production and consumption. South Florida’s diverse agricultural systems, its history of immigrant labor, and its industrial processing of fruits, vegetables, and tobacco, make St. Petersburg an ideal location to explore important stories in agricultural history. The committee encourages proposals that engage the conference theme, although topics from any geographical location and time period are welcome. Please join us in St. Petersburg.
Information on submission:
- The AHS encourages proposals such as traditional sessions with successive papers and commentary, thematic panel discussions or debates, roundtables on recent books or films, and workshops.
- The program committee prefers complete session proposals, but individual papers will be considered.
- The AHS extends a special welcome to graduate students and will offer a travel grant for currently-enrolled students who present a paper at the conference.
1. Session proposals should include a two-hundred-word abstract for each paper and a one-page CV for each panel member in MS Word.
2. Individual paper proposals should consist of a two-hundred-word abstract and a one-page CV in MS Word.
3. All proposals should be submitted electronically in MS Word format.
Deadline for submissions is October 31, 2017
Questions and submissions may be addressed to email@example.com
Program Committe Members:
- Tim Bownman, West Texas A&M University, chair
- Jenny Barker-Devine, Illinois College
- Peter Kopp, New Mexico State University
- Virgil Dean, Independent Scholar
- Tim Lorek, Yale University