The Journal of War and Culture Studies seeks submissions for a special issue exploring the relationship between war, peace and sport from the nineteenth century to the present day. Articles of up to 8000 words exploring this complex relatonship might focus on one or more of the following indicative themes:
- Class conflict and sport
- National identity and sport
- Internationalism and sport
- Sport and cultures of pacifism
- Sport, propaganda & anti-militarist activism
- Martial masculinity and sports culture
- The military sporting body
- Civil-military relationships within sporting cultures
- Cold War sporting rivalries
- Sport in wartime
- Physical education within military culture.
For further details, visit https://think.taylorandfrancis.com/war-culture-studies-peace-and-sport/ or contact me directly.