The North American Society for Sport History (NASSH) is calling for applicants to fill a new position as the Systems & Digital Technology Administrator:
Systems & Digital Technology Administrator
Call for Applications
Purpose: To manage, maintain, and improve digital technologies and platforms associated with NASSH and its committees, events, and organizational activities.
Responsible to: Chair of the Information Technology Committee. All requests should be communicated to the Chair. Any budgetary or licensing requests will be forwarded to the NASSH Treasurer and President for approval.
Duties and Responsibilities: See the skills section below for details on specific technologies and platforms. (Note: The duties list is subject to revision)
- Monitor and manage NASSH servers, administrative accounts, and user access accounts, including maintaining a record of all URLs, usernames, passwords, etc.;
- Manage the NASSH website (nassh.org), the Journal of Sport History website (journal.nassh.org), and the NASSH conference website (conference.nassh.org);
- Customize the NASSH Conference management tool (conftool.org), in conjunction with the Conference Program Chair, including supporting registration, proposal submission and review, and participant communication as well as other technical duties as assigned;
- Support the work of the Communications Officer in managing NASSH communications platforms, including social media pages, direct mailing, fora, etc.;
- Author an annual report to the IT Committee on activities associated with duties and responsibilities;
- Contribute to NASSH IT Committee discussions on future technologies and approaches to NASSH technological infrastructures; and
- Coordinate requests from NASSH committees to ensure coherency and consistency of technological use, deployment, and access.
Term: A term of three years, beginning on 1 January 2023 and ending on 31 December 2025, with the possibility of renewal if both NASSH, through the Information Technology Committee and Executive Council, and the candidate agree to such renewal.
Compensation: Compensation will be based on years of experience and an annual stipend will be paid out monthly. The stipend will range between $7500 (<2 years experience) and $9500 for an average of 20 hours of work per month.
- Familiarity with web-based server architecture including FTP and server access. knowledge of Reclaimhosting.com is a plus;
- Knowledge and experience of building and updating WordPress CMS websites using the best practice & defacto standard plugins; familiarity with Multi-Site is a plus;
- Knowledge, or willingness to learn, the Conftool.org conference management system
- Familiarity with Twitter, Dropbox, and Zoom technologies;
- Understanding of best practices around digital communications and file management, including file naming, accessibility, and file preservation;
- Ability to coordinate requests for support and communicate with NASSH Executive and IT Committee members regarding requests and activities.
Application Procedure: Interested candidates may send their CV and cover letter to Dr. Jennifer Guiliano (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, October 17, 2022. Please indicate, or link to, any digital technology experience. Candidates will receive a response from the selection committee by November 1 and interviews will take place in November.