The Movement for Black Lives Platform
The Movement for Black Lives has released a "clear vision of the world where black humanity and dignity is the reality". The six platform demands are: (For the full outline see: Platform)
1. End the war on black people.
2. Reparations for past and continuing harms.
3. Divestment from the institutions that criminalize, cage and harm black people; and investment in the education, health and safety of black people.
4. Economic justice for all and a reconstruction of the economy to ensure our communities have collective ownership, not merely access.
5. Community control of the laws, institutions and policies that most impact us.
6. Independent black political power and black self-determination in all areas of society.
The platform clearly stands on the shoulders of the men and women who have "pushed for reparations, Black self-determination and community control" in the past.
What are the thoughts of the list members on the platform?
What are the historical antecedents to the the various planks?