1. Make sure you are logged in to H-Net at https://networks.h-net.org. The log-in is in the top right corner.
2. Click on your silhouette at the top right corner and then click on “Networks.” Click on H-Spain.
3. At this point two options are possible:
A. If you are responding to a post, find it on the page and click on it. Click on the “reply” link at the bottom of the page. You can also do this from your e-mail by clicking on “reply” at the bottom of the page – and you will be directed to the Commons log-in page.
B. If you want to post a note that is new, scroll to the bottom right of the H-Spain page, find "+ Create Content," and click on "Create New Discussion Post"
4. The process is now similar to that of a standard e-mail response, with a few extra steps. First, provide a title for your post. Second, either type your post into the message area or cut and paste it from Word. [Note that you cannot cut and paste if you are using Internet Explorer. Please use Firefox or Chrome]. Once you have created your message, scroll down. You will see that you are asked to fill in tags (these are automatically imported if you are replying to a post). The tags serve as keywords for your post to help other members find your content. The editors will revise if needed for clarity. There are also suggested terms in each dialogue box.
5. Click on Preview at the bottom of the page to see what your post looks like. You will see a short version and a long version. Make certain that there are no errors in the text and that the spacing holds. Once you have finished, click on “submit to Editor.” From there the submission will be posted in unrevised form, sent back to you for revisions, or rejected.
For further help, please visit the H-Net Help Desk.