A weekly roundup of articles and other materials of interest to scholars of business and economic history.
- "across the political spectrum, most policymakers concur that digital platforms, including social media, messengers, and search engines, pose a problem." - Heidi Tworek on the need for transparency reporting.
- The next Hagley History Hangout is coming up on Jan. 24, featuring Matthew O'Neal on sundown towns and the Great Migration.
- For a different migration story, check out this NBN interview with Julie Kleinman, on her book Adventure Capital: Migration and the Making of an African Hub in Paris. (h/t @alexia_yates)
- Ed Balleisen, expert on fraud, talks with Marcelo Bucheli for Business History TV.
- Gregor MacGregor, expert in fraud, is the subject of a new article just published in Enterprise & Society.
For the next few months, the Executive Summary may occasionally run biweekly. Send all comments, suggestions, ideas, and leads for this section to Associate Editor Ashton Merck.