A weekly roundup of articles and other materials of interest to scholars of business and economic history.
A grab bag of recent articles:
- The rise and fall of Shanghai's coffee king.
- How every workplace became an Agile workplace.
- Indian pharmaceutical manufacturers' quest to meet American and European standards.
- The art of buying city-states during the Renaissance.
- The EABH podcast covers 700 years of interest rates in 45 minutes!
New episodes on the New Books Network:
- China and the End of Global Silver, 1873-1937
- Big Business and Dictatorships in Latin America
- IBM: The Rise and Fall and Reinvention of a Global Icon
You have 14 days left to submit your panel and/or paper proposals for #BHC2022! I'd like to note, especially at this particular moment, that I am glad that the organizers baked some flexibility of pivoting to hybrid or virtual into the call for papers. If you're feeling uncertain about conferences, that should hopefully ease your mind about at least sending in your proposal for consideration. If you're still crafting your proposal, why not check out my post from a couple weeks ago (or the more official roadmap to proposal submissions) for some inspiration.