A weekly feature with a roundup of articles and other materials of interest to scholars of business and economic history. More swimming is on after this.
What comes up when you search for "olympics" in the archives of Enterprise & Society?
- Japanese watchmakers and the 1964 Tokyo Olympics,
- why Philips provided the lights for the Olympic stadium in Melbourne in 1956,
- and Meg Graham addressing Samsung executives before the Seoul Olympics in 1988. (the last article includes a photo!)
(The best hit from Business History Review was this article on the names of Aristotle Onassis's ships.)
In other reads this week:
- Alexia Yates makes real estate strange in this visual essay.
- A summary of some unexpected parallels in economic development between China and ... Poland?
Send all comments, suggestions, leads, or ideas for this section to Associate Editor Ashton Merck.