The Kentucky Association of Teachers of History (KATH) is now accepting nominations for the 2018 Thomas D. Clark Undergraduate Writing Award. The award recognizes outstanding undergraduate research papers completed at a Kentucky university or college during the 2017-2018 academic year. The winner will receive $100 and a certificate to be presented at the 2018 KATH conference on September 15th at the University of Louisville. For more details, see http://KATH-online.org.
- A student may not submit more than one paper for the 2018 Clark Writing Award.
- The manuscript (excluding endnotes, appendices, and bibliography) should not exceed twenty-five (25) typed, double-spaced, pages. It should conform to the rules of The Chicago Manual of Style in all stylistic matters.
- All personal identification information should be removed from the body of the paper (e.g., writer's name or university in page numbers, endnotes, or acknowledgments). The student’s full name, permanent address and current contact information should appear only in the body of the email message to which the paper is attached.
- The paper should be submitted as an email attachment in one of the following formats (.doc, .docx, or .pdf) to Dr. Ashley Sorrell at University of Kentucky, email@example.com, on or before the deadline: Monday, June 4, 2018, Noon.
- The submission must be accompanied by an email message from the student's supervising history instructor (or the department chair), recommending the paper and certifying that it was written for an undergraduate course and completed in the 2017-2018 academic year.
Please direct any questions to Ashley Sorrell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashley Sorrell, Ph.D.
Faculty Instructional Consultant/Assistant Director of Graduate Student Professional Enhancement
University of Kentucky
179 Funkhouser Drive
Lexington, KY 40506