Your network editor has reposted this from H-Announce. The byline reflects the original authorship.
Call for Chapters
THE BOOK OF SOUTH ASIAN POLITICS
Prof. Dr. Ali Asker, Prof. Dr. Amir Ahmed Khuhro, and Md. Nazmul Islam
Prof. Dr. Ali Asker. Department of International Relations, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Karabuk University, Karabuk, TURKEY.
Prof. Dr. Amir Ahmed Khuhro. Institute of International Relations, Shah Abdul Latif University Khairpur, Sindh, Pakistan and Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Department of International Relations, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Karabuk University, Karabuk, TURKEY.
Md. Nazmul Islam. Department of Political Science and Public Administration, Ankara Yildirim Beyazit University, Ankara, Turkey and Senior Researcher, Boğazıcı Asya Araştırma Markezi/The Bosphorus Center for Asian Studies, Ankara, TURKEY.
We are seeking proposals for chapters for possible inclusion in the forthcoming book on “South Asian Politics”. This book is intended to offer authoritative and up-to-date surveys of original research in a particular subject area, with essays giving critical examinations of the progress and direction of debates, as well as a foundation for future research. Please send your proposed title, abstract (no more than 400 words), name, and affiliation to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 25, 2020.
The book will attempt to identify and define the area of South Asian political history, political system, foreign policy, regional cooperation in South Asia, contemporary debates in South Asia, and the future of South Asia at various national and international scopes.
This book is therefore expected to be a major reference for expert reading. This book will capitalize on the emergence of a new paradigm, which considers South Asia in the 21st century as globally interconnected and mediated by new geopolitical and strategic logic.
The book is multidisciplinary in its approach and is organized according to the following themes. (while submitting your proposal, please indicate to which section you are proposing an entry). We are also open for the areas not covered in this list but closely related to South Asia, do not hesitate to express your idea if you think it is interesting to international academics.
- Geographical and Geopolitical Condition and Position of South Asia
- Political History of South Asia
- Political System of Region (this also includes, Electoral Processes and Electoral reforms)
- Conflicts and Cooperation in South Asia
- Civil-Military Relations in Region
- C.P.E.C (China Pakistan Economic Corridor)
- Economic Issues of South Asia
- Foreign Policy (This will cover foreign policies among South Asian countries, relations with Muslim Countries, relations with superpowers and relations with great powers)
- Security Issues of Region (Terrorism and other related security issues)
- Nuclearization of South Asia.
- Constitutional History of South Asia (each country may be discussed separately)
- Legal System in South Asia (Judiciary system and the judiciary hierarchy from top to lower courts will be discussed in each state separately)
- Social Issues of Region (force conversion of Religion, Blasphemy, child marriage, Karo kari, Child labour and so on)
- Local Political issues in each countries of the region.
- Political Parties/Party system in region (separate states will be discussed)
- History of Local government system in south Asia (each country will be discussed separately)
- Local government system in south Asia (each country will be discussed separately)
- Reforms in local government system in South Asia (each country will be discussed separately)
- Role of religion in state system
- Ethnic conflicts in south Asia (each country of the region will also be discussed separately)
- Role of SAARC for promoting peace in region (SOUTH ASIAN ASSOCIATION for REGIONAL COOPERATION)
- Post COVID-19: South Asian Political order
- Dictatorship in South Asia
- Democracy in South Asia
The themes mentioned here are indicative only and will change in response to submissions. If you are willing to contribute a chapter beyond these themes but related to 'South Asia' then Please get in touch with the editorial team. We will be happy to discuss any exciting new research/ empirical or evidence-based research findings.
Standard format will help ensure coherence. Full chapter should be within 5000 -10,000 words (approximately) including, reference, tables, figures etc.
Clearly defined and relevant to the text
Introduction to the Chapter
1000 words (approximately)
Context, State of the Art, Concepts and Methods
3000 words (approximately)
Conclusion: What next for Research
500 word (approximately)
4 Minimum – 6 Maximum
APA 6th edition
Times New Roman
Please send abstracts of 300–400 words, and a biography of each author of 100–150 words, to Md. Nazmul Islam at email@example.com by 25th August 2020. Please give the subject header as ‘Book of South Asian Politics Proposal’. Full chapter submission guidelines, and details of the submission deadline will be informed to accepted chapter authors.
Qualifications: We recommend that academic authors have, be supervised by, or in pursuit of their Post-graduate or PhD, whereas non-academic professionals should have at least 3 years of experience in the field.