Your network editor has reposted this from H-Announce. The byline reflects the original authorship.
The Department of European Languages and Cultures, College of Foreign Languages and Literature, National Chengchi University, Taipei, Taiwan has a position available for all enthusiastic scholars who would like to devote his/her knowledge in the research and education of French language, culture, literature, FLE and related field. The successful applicant would begin their position in this department from August 1, 2020.
One tenure-track full-time FRENCH Assistant Professor
- Requirement: Ph.D. degree holder (non-native speaker of French or native speaker of French) or assistant professor or above.
- Period of employment：The appointment is expected to begin on August 1, 2020.
- Offering courses in French language, culture and literature at the undergraduate level.
- Conducting research and providing services related to French language, culture and literature.
- Non-native or native speakers must have earned a doctorate in French language, literature, translation, and/or other fields related to French culture.
【Diploma(s) and official transcripts should be verified by the Taiwan Representative Office.】
- Applicants with French-language teaching experience and with an Assistant Professor Certificate (or above) will be preferentially considered.
- Applicants with the ability to offer courses in English will also be preferentially considered.
- Scholarly publications within the past five years.
Required Application Documents (for checklist, please see attachment 1. The applicant’s curriculum vitae should be placed on an USB flash drive.）
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae（see attachment 2）
- Transcripts for the highest degree earned 【Diploma(s) and official transcripts should be verified by the Taiwan Representative Office】
- Photocopies of diplomas (MA & PhD) and a copy of the teacher’s certificate issued by the Ministry of Education, R.O.C. (if applicable）
- Doctoral thesis and scholarly publications（within the past five years）
- Syllabi of courses to be offered（3~4 courses）
- Two letters of recommendation (within the past two years)
Application deadline：All application materials must be postmarked no later than Friday, January 31, 2020
To submit YOUR job posting, please visit the H-Net Job Guide: https://www.h-net.org/jobs
Featured jobs receive an added boost on H-Announce and H-Net’s social media channels.
For those who are interested in this position, please send application and relevant documents to：
Department of European Languages and Cultures
Qualified candidates will be invited to attend an interview and will be requested to provide a teaching demonstration.
For further information, please contact 886-2-29393091 ext. 63036 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org