American Councils Study Abroad is now accepting applications for its Spring 2020 intensive language immersion program in Indonesia! Applications are due October 15, 2019.
Open to students of all language proficiency levels, the Indonesian Overseas Program is an intensive semester or academic year overseas immersion program in Malang, Indonesia. It offers students the opportunity to gain new cultural knowledge and language competency while experiencing the vibrant everyday life and rich traditions of Indonesia. No prior knowledge of Indonesian is required.
- Comprehensive pre-departure orientation as well as on-site orientation in the host country
- Expert faculty and small classrooms to maximize individual attention to each learner's needs
- 20 hours per week of in-class target language instruction in grammar, phonetics, conversation, culture and area studies
- Housing with carefully-vetted host families
- U.S. academic credit administered through Bryn Mawr College
- Conversation partners to assist participants with language learning
- Creative excursions that go beyond typical tourist destinations and offer new insights into the host country life and culture
Students admitted to American Councils programs are eligible to receive financial support from a wide range of sources, including the Dan E. Davidson Fellowship, the AC Study Abroad Need-Based Scholarship, and more. See information about financial aid sources here.
APPLICATION & QUESTIONS
Prospective applicants should visit the program website for more information and to access the online application. The application deadline for Spring 2020 is October 15, 2019. Please do not hesitate to reach out either by phone (202-833-7522) or by email (email@example.com) with any questions regarding the program or the application process.